Based on site and reporting to the M&E Project Engineer or Manager and Senior Management, the Graduate M&E Engineer will assist the M&E team in providing guidance where necessary on technical, quality and engineering related issues, as well as participate in general site processes and activities.
- Fulfil the role of an graduate team member within your assigned discipline to the best of your ability
- Support the project or team that you are working within
- Meet and attend all the key development requirements whilst on the graduate programme
- Review Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health (MEP) and Vertical Transportation (VT) design’s.
- Help to prepare contractors requirements for Temporary Site Services (TSS), MEP and VT tendering purposes.
- Assist in managing construction areas for the M&E team.
- Close liaison with the construction team in the delivery and monitoring of the works by the subcontractor and their specialist.
- Implementation of construction site health and safety and safe working practises
- Ensure high safety standards are maintained
- Attend all necessary meetings.
- Close liaison with the Multiplex commercial managers to ensure cost control and closure.
- Assist with resolving disputes and problem solving
- Review installation progress against construction programme
- Proactively assist in the management subcontractor’s works to remain on or ahead of construction programme.
- Assist in managing to completion of all defects during contract period site utilities, web based activities – ACONEX, Information required schedules and quality, inspection, testing and lanning
- At all times comply with Multiplex SHEQ policies and guidelines
- Undertake any additional activities required by the Site team
- Investigate/question/understand further the design and installation of the project. A record/folder is to be kept to demonstrate these investigations by means of marked up drawings/schematics/specifications/Technical submissions/picture etc and time spent with the project team to demonstrate a growth in knowledge and understanding.
You will receive on-the-job mentoring throughout the programme from specialists within our business who are some of the best in the industry, ensuring that your career gets off to the best possible start.
- Building services sub-contractors, Installations, QA and commissioning is beneficial
- Fit out, HVAC experience is desirable
- Reviewing/ production of method statements
- Health and safety, implementation and managing safe systems of work
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Be a student expecting to complete a relevant university degree before September 2018 - or a graduate who has successfully completed a degree no earlier than September 2016
- Are working towards or have obtained a 2:1 or above in an engineering related degree
- Have the right to work in the UK at the time of employment
- A-levels or equivalent
- 'C' or above in maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Relevant work experience within M&E Engineering over summer/year during studies
- Good graduate level knowledge of Building Services sub-contractors, Installations, QA and commissioning
- Experience of working within a team environment
- Experience of delivering excellent results and high personal performance within a role
Accepted degree subjects
mechanical engineering · electronic and electrical engineering · civil engineering and construction
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 25
Closing date: 31/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/12/2017