Based on site and reporting to the M&E Project Engineer or Manager and Senior Management, the Graduate M&E Engineer will assist the M&E team in providing guidance where necessary on technical, quality and engineering related issues, as well as participate in general site processes and activities.
- Meet and attend all the key development requirements whilst on the graduate programme
- Review Mechanical, Electrical and Public Health (MEP) and Vertical Transportation (VT) design’s.
- Help to prepare contractors requirements for Temporary Site Services (TSS), MEP and VT tendering purposes.
- Assist in managing construction areas for the M&E team.
- Close liaison with the construction team in the delivery and monitoring of the works by the subcontractor and their specialist.
- Implementation of construction site health and safety and safe working practises
- Ensure high safety standards are maintained
- Close liaison with the Multiplex commercial managers to ensure cost control and closure.
- Assist with resolving disputes and problem solving
- Review installation progress against construction programme
- Proactively assist in the management subcontractor’s works to remain on or ahead of construction programme.
- Assist in managing to completion of all defects during contract period Site Utilities, web based activities – ACONEX, Information Required Schedules and Quality, Inspection, Testing and Planning
- At all times comply with Multiplex SHEQ policies and guidelines
- Investigate/question/understand further the design and installation of the project.
What we are looking for
We accept applications from students who have degrees in engineering, construction management, architecture, quantity surveying or other construction related subjects.
To be eligible to apply for the Graduate Programme you need to:
- Be a student expecting to complete a relevant university degree before September 2019 - or a graduate who has successfully completed a degree no earlier than September 2017.
- Are working towards or have obtained a degree classification of 2.1 or above.
- Have the right to work in the UK at the time of employment.
What do we look for in our graduates?
Successful applicants will be high achievers with excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will have extracurricular interests outside of work and be able to evidence a genuine interest and desire to work at Multiplex. You will have strong commercial acumen and fit the culture of the business and live our values.
These mandatory attributes will be tested throughout the recruitment process.
- Relevant work experience within construction over summer/year our during studies
- Good graduate level knowledge of your assigned discipline
- Experience of working within a team environment
- Experience of delivering excellent results and high personal performance within a role
- Intermediate skills in MS excel and word and and interpersonal abilities
- Ability to work to deadlines and conflicting priorities and learn and apply new procedures quickly and efficiently
- Ability to work in pressurised environment with a good eye for detail
- Appropriate initiative, ability to work independently when necessary.
- Currently studying towards a construction related degree
- A-levels or equivalent
- C or above maths and English GCSE or equivalent
Accepted degree subjects
- civil engineering and construction
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31/12/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31/12/2018
Additional job details
|Number of vacancies||25|
|Location||London · Scotland|