Based on site and reporting to the Project Engineer and senior management, the Graduate Engineer will assist the Project Engineer in providing guidance on technical, quality and engineering related issues, as well as participate in general site processes and activities to gain a deeper understanding of project management and construction.
- Fulfil the role of a graduate team member within your assigned discipline to the best of your ability
- Support the project and team that you are working within
- Meet and attend all the key development requirements whilst on the graduate programme
- Ensures engineering support is provided to the site based project team
- Assist in ensuring quality assurance processes and standards for a construction project are adhered to
- Ensures compliance with the company’s management system policies and procedures
- Contributes to improvement of existing designs
- Assist in resolving engineering issues as they are raised by clients, authorities, consultants and the project management team.
- Assist in checking and tracking information for completeness and correctness, following up with RFI’swhen and where required
- Assist in inspecting the work of sub-contractors for technical compliance and quality of work following up with NCR’s when and where required
- Participate and promote engineering across disciplines and become involved in CPD and institutional (ICE or other) activities
- Comply with Multiplex SHEQ policies and guidelines at all times
- Undertake any additional activities required by the site team
You will receive on-the-job mentoring throughout the programme from specialists within our business who are some of the best in the industry, ensuring that your career gets off to the best possible start.
A world of opportunities will open up for you as a Multiplex graduate. We're a global contractor seeking exceptional individuals to deliver some of the most exciting build projects within London and Scotland.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Be a student expecting to complete a relevant university degree before September 2018 - or a graduate who has successfully completed a degree no earlier than September 2016
- Are working towards or have obtained a 2:1 or above in an engineering, construction management, architecture, quantity surveying or other construction related subjects.
- Have the right to work in the UK at the time of employment
- A-levels or equivalent
- 'C' or above in maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Relevant work experience within Engineering over summer/year out during studies (desirable)
- Good graduate-level knowledge of surveying instruments, IT systems and engineering related software.
- Experience of working within a team environment and delivering excellent results and high personal performance within a role
Accepted degree subjects
engineering management · civil engineering and construction
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 25
Closing date: 31/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/12/2017