Reporting to the Quantity Surveyor or Commercial Manager and based on site or sites, the Graduate Quantity Surveyor will form part of the project Commercial team and work closely with the design, planning, and construction teams as necessary.
- Help to ensure the forecasted project margin is met or exceeded
- Assist in preparation of cost forecasts, monitor financial status, and prepare cash flow statements.
- Provide input for financial reports to the executive management team Ensure site supervisory staff are aware of the project’s scope of works and inclusions in tender packages
- Help to prepare tender documents required for the procurement of sub- contractors and obtain approval from all relevant parties
- Arrange the collation of quotations, reconciliations and letting of tenders for contracts within budget
- Assist in preparation of all contracts and documentation for inclusion in tender packages, comply with contract management policies and procedures as outlined in the Multiplex Project Administration Manual (PAM)
- Assist in administering the sub contract, including; Requesting variations and assisting in preparing valuations
- Assist with payments to subcontractors and suppliers
- Day-to-day administration of contract terms and conditions
- Undertake any additional activities required by the commercial team
- Assessment of works completed and preparation of monthly applications for payment
- Liaison with client or representative, to assess progress claim
- Assessing variations
You will receive on-the-job mentoring throughout the programme from specialists within our business who are some of the best in the industry, ensuring that your career gets off to the best possible start.
A world of opportunities will open up for you as a Multiplex graduate. We're a global contractor seeking exceptional individuals to deliver some of the most exciting build projects within London and Scotland.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Be a student expecting to complete a relevant university degree before September 2018 - or a graduate who has successfully completed a degree no earlier than September 2016
- Are working towards or have obtained a 2:1 or above in an engineering, construction management, architecture, quantity surveying or other construction related subjects.
- Have the right to work in the UK at the time of employment
- A-levels or equivalent
- 'C' or above in maths and English GCSE or equivalent
- Relevant work experience within quantity surveying over summer/year out during studies (desirable)
- Good graduate-level knowledge of contracts and of legal issues pertaining to contract
- Experience of working within a team environment and delivering excellent results and high personal performance within a role
Accepted degree subjects
architecture · engineering management · civil engineering and construction
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 25
Closing date: 31/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/12/2017