Murray Uniforms and The School of Computing and Digital Technology at Birmingham City University (BCU) are looking to appoint a Unity software developer for Virtual and Augmented Reality (VR/AR) systems.
This position forms part of the Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) programme co-funded by Innovate UK. It is essential you understand how KTP works with business and the University, and the vital role you will play if you successfully secure a KTP Associate position. For more information please go to: http://bcuadvantage.co.uk/funding/knowledge-transfer-partnerships
Location and reporting
This Knowledge Transfer Partnership (KTP) Associate position will be based at Murray Uniforms, who pride themselves of a long-standing tradition in innovation and disruption of workwear fashion industry.
The Associate will work within the team at Murray Uniforms Coventry office and be supported by academics from BCU’s Digital Media Technology Lab
The associate will work on designing and developing novel uses of AR and VR in the uniform design industry. They will be tasked to use current and emerging hardware systems, software platforms and game engines to develop and pilot a new set of immersive tools for work-wear design and showcase. These will develop the Murray brand, business portfolio, and expand their knowledge base, disrupting the traditional work-wear industry. The role also requires the associate to develop and manage new pilot evaluation studies, which will establish the effectiveness of AR in addressing key business questions for Murray Uniforms.
Company terms and conditions
- 22 days holiday in any calendar year plus UK national holidays
- Working hours Monday to Friday 08:30- 17:00
- The successful candidate will be based at: Murray Uniforms, Castle Court, Bodmin Road, Coventry
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will have excellent technical development and social interaction skills and should be willing to work as part of a tightly knit, innovative group of highly motivated individuals. As part of their role, the associate will be expected to interact with some of the most senior people inside and outside of Murray, including major customers. The candidate must also be adept at applying their knowledge to commercial projects, driving value and making an impact where possible, with an ability to solve problems and create innovative solutions.
- Experience of working with Unity platform advantageous, experience in other game engines acceptable.
- Good knowledge of AR, VR and other related emerging technologies.
- Experience working with Sensors Systems.
- 3D Modelling skills.
- Commercial understanding and awareness.
- Clothing experience/ understanding advantageous, but not essential.
Leadership and management
- The Associate will need to be able to develop through training and have a strong sense of managing their workload.
Communication and Interpersonal skills
- The Associate will need to be able to communicate clearly and prove interpersonal skills.
- As Murray Uniform is highly focused on values and a united culture, it is essential to prove teamwork spirit.
Hold Master’s degree or equivalent professional experience in applied computer science, HCI, digital media technology, IT or other related discipline.
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences and IT
Additional job details
- £22,000 - £28,000
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Interview date: Monday 23 September 209.
To apply for this role, please complete the online application and upload your CV. You should remove any personal information to ensure a fair and transparent recruitment process.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 1 September 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 1 September 2019