What is the graduate scheme and what will I do?
Our three-year graduate programme will train you in the latest accounting and auditing techniques, equipping you with the skills you need to develop into a well-rounded professional with excellent career prospects and lead to qualification as a Chartered Accountant.
You will help deliver work which contributes to improvements in public services - last year we saved the taxpayer £19 for every £1 we spent - whilst gaining unrivalled access to a unique set of clients across central government.
What are the benefits?
Alongside this we offer a competitive package including:
- A highly competitive starting salary of £29,460 p.a. (London) or £23,554 p.a. (Newcastle), which will increase year-on-year and with success in exams
- 25 weeks of college study leave over the three-year programme, allowing trainees time away from the office to concentrate on studying
- An array of attractive benefits including season ticket loans for travel to work, a subsidised gym, health screening and retail discounts a host of other benefits
- A calendar jam-packed full of fun social events; from quizzes to sporting events
What we are looking for
We value diversity in all its forms and the difference it makes to our organisation. By removing barriers and creating an inclusive culture all our people have the opportunity to develop and maximise their full potential.
Graduates from all degree disciplines and backgrounds are welcome – we value the ideas, energy and variety this brings us, so you don’t need to have studied maths to excel at the NAO or become a successful Chartered Accountant.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
What is the recruitment process?
- Online application form including a numerical reasoning test
- Four competency-based questions (250 word limit for each)
- Telephone interview
- One-day assessment centre featuring four exercises
The start date for the scheme will be early September 2019, however we do have some limited early start positions available from January-March 2019. These will allow you to gain some practical work experience before starting the training programme when it kick starts in September.
Please note: we reserve the option of bringing the closing date for applications forward.
Where can I get further information?
For more information on the scheme and how to apply, please go to the Apply button or visit us on Twitter.
We also have a dedicated HR team to support you with any queries you may have so please contact us.
Find out more about our exciting graduate scheme and how you can change your world and we look forward to hearing from you!
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30/11/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30/11/2018
Additional job details
|Location||London · Newcastle upon Tyne|