Ideal for those who are studying a degree courses with a sandwich year, our 12-month placements provide the ideal opportunity to develop your skills and gain essential work experience. You’ll get the opportunity to work on live projects across our sites, becoming an integral part of our highly skilled teams delivering tangible output ensuring that NATS maintains its place as an elite air traffic service provider. This will give you an invaluable insight into NATS as a business and the aviation industry generally.
NATS’ Industrial Placement scheme is designed to provide 12 months of stimulating experience to give highly motivated students an insight into the world of aviation. We currently have opportunities in:
Our business programme covers:
- Project management
- Commercial business
- Supply chain, purchasing
- Business management
- Strategy design
Our technical programme covers:
- Research and development
- Safety and investigations
- Information technology
- Regulation and compliance
- Airspace regulation
Whichever programme you choose, your placement experience will be unique to you so you can build on the knowledge you have gained at university. With the help of our skilled advisors, you will be responsible for driving and crafting your own journey. This may include rotations to different departments, travelling across the UK or gaining professional accreditations. We are passionate about your personal and professional development and will help you achieve your goals.
We want you to be happy, engaged, excited and challenged by your work. We have set ourselves some challenging targets over the next few years, but one thing is clear; we can only achieve these through our people. We will be leading the way technically, operationally, commercially and politically and you can help us craft the future.
In return for your hard work we offer a range of benefits:
- 28 days of holiday entitlement with Bank Holidays on top
- Pastoral care from the Early Careers team
- Support and funding towards professional accreditations
- On the job learning from some of the most senior experts in the industry
- Involvement in an early careers student led project
- A popular buddy support system to help you feel at ease from day one
- Social activities such as a varied range of sports teams and an onsite gym
- Free fruit, subsidised food and Costa coffee
- The chance to get involved with lots of charity events - NATS heavily engages with different charities every year
- Access to voluntary benefits and discounts to make your money go further
Our schemes will be based at our Offices in Hampshire and Ayrshire.
What we are looking for
- Excellent communication skills
- The ability to connect with others and develop positive relationships
- Resilience to challenges
- Curiosity and innovation
- Creative problem solving
- Dedication and determination
A proven interest in the field outside your studies.
Apart from this, all we ask is that you meet the general health standards as defined by NATS medical branch and you must be eligible for NATS security clearance.
Working towards a minimum of 2:1 in a relevant degree.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Assessment centres will take place on 14 Nov, 13 Dec, w/c 21 Jan 19, 20 Feb, w/c 18 March and 23 April
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 11/01/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 11/01/2019
Additional job details
|Location||East Ayrshire · Hampshire · North Ayrshire · South Ayrshire|