Nestlé Academy has built its reputation as a continual innovator over a history of more than a century and a half. So for an ambitious Operations Degree Apprentice, it really is the best of both worlds. A safe, secure business with which to build a successful career but, also, the kind of employer that encourages you to try new ways of doing things.
That’s why we’re now looking for people who love exploring ideas. Does that sound like you? For example, have you been wondering whether to go to university or start a career instead? Did you know you could even get a BA (Hons) in Professional Practice in Management at the same time, and all within three and a half years? That bold, impressive ability to look critically at your choices is just what we want to see from the next generation of Nestlé innovators.
What can you expect?
This is an outstanding entry into operations within one of the world’s biggest food and drink manufacturers. There are four main streams to this Degree Apprenticeship. Improvement Pillar/Total Productive Maintenance activities, campus team events, learning each of the manufacturing, line process at your site and university studies. When you first start the scheme, you’ll learn all the various processes and operations within the manufacturing site that you’re located in.
Join us and you’ll:
- Gain a BA Hons Professional Practice in Management from Sheffield Hallam University
- Structure your workload based on the product we make at your site
- Work on what we call an ‘improvement pillar’, which means attending and leading process improvement meetings, learning manufacturing methods, coaching process operators, updating measures and tracking improvements
- Undertake a communications project, such as visiting schools and careers fairs, inputting into the site’s magazine and email comms and attending and leading communications meetings
- Learn the whole manufacturing process from end to end on your site so that you can work closely with operators and process specialists
- Present your factory improvement and efficiency findings back to senior stakeholders
Who are we looking for?
If you’re looking for an entry into operations within one of the world’s biggest food and drink manufacturers, they don’t come better than this. So you’ll need to be excited to learn our processes and proactive in your attitude to your workload. Results focused, full of great ideas and ready to take on real responsibility whilst also studying at university, this is an outstanding opportunity to develop your skills.
There’s never been a better opportunity to develop your operations career. Applicants who hold an undergraduate Business Management degree are, unfortunately, ineligible to apply. We will be looking for GCSEs (actual or predicted) at grades 9 – 4 (or A*- C if received in 2017 or previous), which must include English and Maths, plus a mimumum of 104 UCAS points (or 260 points from 2017 or previous).
Build a career filled with innovation. Apply today.
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 15/03/2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 15/03/2019
Additional job details
plus excellent benefits