As a Statistician Graduate within the Quality and Consumer Department, you will be working with our product development teams, aiming to build knowledge about the impact of production variables on product characteristics. Part of your activities will be to:
- Create design of experiments taking into account the research questions and resource constraints of the project
- Collaborate with relevant functions to ensure that all conditions are met for a broad use of statistics in the NPTC
- Develop a statistical mind-set in the NPTC by organising training and sharing success stories
- Contribute to statistics in practice through network activities
- Translate results into relevant information and report to internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to process capability studies
Over a two-year development programme you’ll immerse yourself in our leading edge products and technologies whilst working closely with our other research and development centres worldwide. You’ll undertake a very real role making a difference with the skills and knowledge you will bring to the NPTC, whilst also being provided with the opportunity to showcase your talents internationally. We’ll work with each of our graduates to develop a tailored development plan which will capitalise on your existing strengths and ensure you learn and develop.
The Graduate programme offers a range of learning and development opportunities, from on the job experiences and formal training courses to tailored coaching and mentoring relationships. We would envisage that, for Statistician Graduates who have added real value in their role and taken advantage of the networking and profile-raising opportunities available to them, international career opportunities will present themselves at the end of the two-year development programme.
If you think you have what it takes to be part of the next NPTC confectionery graduate intake, we’d love to hear from you.
Imagine working for the world’s largest food and drink manufacturing company. You could join Nestlé’s worldwide leading centre for confectionery research and development.
Based in York, Nestlé’s Product Technology Centre (NPTC) is part of a global network of Research Centres with the York site focusing on excellence in confectionery worldwide. Whether chocolate, sugar confectionery or wafer-based treats, the NPTC leads the way in how they're developed, processed and packaged. It's a place where creativity meets practicality, but where being pragmatic doesn't hinder ideas. If anything, it calls for more expertise and ingenuity to make fantastic initial concepts become exceptional industrialised ideas.
We expect proficiency in all Microsoft applications, statistical programming, practical capabilities and English skills, alongside demonstration of curiosity, initiative and results orientation.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- We are looking for a motivated candidate with a university degree in statistics or mathematics and an awareness of design of experiments.
Accepted degree subjects
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Closing date: 28/02/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 28/02/2018