Trainees will be placed within the finance functions of both Commissioning and Provider NHS Organisations within their allocated health economy and will gain experience in a broad range of finance including, financial services, financial management, financial accounting, financial planning and audit.
- Annual leave of 27 days plus eight public holidays
- Generous study leave and exam leave
- Contributory pension scheme, inflation linked
- Full financial support for professional accounting qualification
- Three year training contract
- Access to a wide range of training and development events
- Networking opportunities with Senior finance staff
- Genuine desire to work in the NHS in the South Central or South West area
- Confident, positive outlook with a ‘can do’ attitude
- High Energy, initiative and motivated to succeed.
- Excellent communicator
- Drive and ambition to become a Director of Finance
- Excellent numerical, writing, computer literacy (including excel), oral and presentation skills
Qualifications and experience requirements
- 2.1 degree or equivalent qualification eg AAT/NVQ with three years relevant work experience
Accepted degree subjects
rising to a minimum of £28,000 in the third and final year of the scheme.
Aldershot · Bracknell · Portsmouth · Reading · Southampton
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Four in south central and five in south west
Shortlisted candidates will be required to complete a verbal and numerical test online.
Following the online testing, successful candidates will be invited to attend an assessment centre. These will include a competency based interview, presentation, written exercise and observed group exercise based on an NHS scenario.
Date and location of the Assessment Centre is as follows:
- South West 31 May and 1 June in Bristol
- South Central 7 and 8 June in Newbury
Closing date: 23/04/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 23/04/2018