Still recruiting throughout COVID‑19
About NHS Digital
At NHS Digital what we do matters. We engineer digital health and care services and solutions because we believe passionately in improving lives using data and technology. We collaborate with industry and health tech partners to deliver world-class digital technology and data intelligence for the NHS front line.
Our team of 2,700 information analysis, technology and project management experts create, deliver and manage the crucial digital systems, services, products and standards upon which health and care professionals depend, working in partnership with both national and local organisations. Our vision is to harness the power of information and technology to provide better health and care.
Now more than ever, digital is on the front line. Are you ready?
About the role
Our NHS Digital 2021 Graduate Scheme is a unique multidisciplinary programme teaming you with experts in the essential digital health skills and knowledge that drive NHS Digital’s mission.
Over the two years, you will undergo 4 x 6 month rotations, including in Product Development, Cyber Security, IT Operations, Data Services or Platforms and Infrastructure teams as part of a multidisciplinary programme.
This scheme will broaden your wider knowledge of NHS Digital and give you the opportunity to work on key critical projects across a variety of technical and data driven areas within the business.
Our teams are responsible for the continuously expanding and enhancing patient-facing services, including NHS.UK, NHS 111 online and the NHS App, which are used by millions of citizens as a ‘digital front door’ to check symptoms, determine whether they needed in-person care and access the latest information on COVID-19 - at the height of the pandemic, our 111 Online service managed traffic at volumes ninety-five times our highest ever pre-Covid utilisation!
Why join NHS Digital
- You’ll be part of a research-led team of digital and healthcare experts working to transform digital health and care
- You’ll build up a strong portfolio of experience delivering with multi-disciplinary agile teams
- You will benefit from a real commitment to your personal and professional development. A comprehensive Performance Development Review process focuses upon your professional competencies and identifies opportunities for improvement.
- You will be assigned a career mentor, to work with and advise you throughout your journey.
- You will join a strong community, of current trainees and alumni, that support each other as they progress and develop.
What working at NHS Digital offers
- A competitive salary.
- Flexible working applications considered.
- Family friendly benefits.
- Annual leave starting at 27 days per annum plus statutory bank holidays rising to 33 days with service.
- An excellent contributory pension scheme.
- NHS Digital operates on a flexible assignment model allowing people to move between programmes and services to gain broader experience and delivery organisational priorities as such this role description is an initial assignment.
- 2:1 or above standard in Computer Science or Maths or a closely related subject (proof of degree will be required). If you are educated to degree level at a 2:1 or above standard in a non-STEM related subject, a Masters degree within the relevant field will be acceptable.
- Proficiency in business application software packages to an intermediate level such as: Microsoft Office 365 (MS Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Ability to design, test and maintain software to meet user needs
- Basic knowledge of data structures, algorithms, unit testing / refactoring
- Trevelyan Square
- LS1 6HP