About NHS Scotland
NHS Scotland needs leaders
The NHS in Scotland:
- Employs approximately 160,000 staff working across 14 regional health boards, seven special health boards and one public health body
- Works together and in partnership with other Scottish public sector services for the benefit of the people of Scotland
- Works towards a shared vision of world leading, effective and person centred healthcare
It is within this environment that you will be given the opportunity to work with and develop services that will make a real difference to people’s lives. You will positively contribute to major changes within a world class organisation, preparing it for the nation’s healthcare needs.
Our General and Financial management training schemes look for exceptional people who want to commit to a career in Scotland’s most highly regarded public service, and who recognise that excellence in management is vital to the delivery of excellence in healthcare.
You will be emotionally intelligent and be able to demonstrate our shared values of care and compassion, dignity and respect, openness, honesty and responsibility and quality and teamwork.
In return you will:
- Have the opportunity to gain three years employment with a competitive salary which increases annually
- Spend time in a number of different roles at both operational and strategic level allowing you to be fast tracked in your NHS Scotland career
- Receive full funding to allow you to study for a relevant master’s level qualification if you join the General Scheme and a CIPFA Professional Qualification if you join the Financial Scheme.
- Be supported by a line manager, coach, executive level mentor and have access to a range of master classes and development opportunities
- Enjoy the competitive terms and conditions of employment for example an annual leave entitlement of 27 days annual leave and eight days public holiday (pro-rata’d) on commencement in the scheme
public sector, healthcare