Would you like to make a difference?
Would you like to be part of something bigger?
- Ambition: you could be helping to protect and improve health and care in Scotland
- Scale: you could be working for Scotland’s biggest employer, with 160,000 staff and a £13 billion budget
- Range: you could be based in locations ranging from Shetland to the Borders, Glasgow to Aberdeen, Edinburgh to the Outer Hebrides
- Variety: you could be managing some of the huge range of people and resources that make up the NHS in Scotland
NHS Scotland invites you to apply for the General Management Training Scheme 2020. We are looking for highly talented, emotionally intelligent graduates who demonstrate our shared values of care and compassion; dignity and respect; openness, honesty and responsibility; quality and teamwork.
Join us and become one of the exceptional people who want a general management career in NHS Scotland. In return you'll experience a range of Health and Care services in your host Board and across Scotland, as well as gaining an introduction to the role of general managers across the service. You'll work in a real management post giving you an opportunity to build your knowledge and skills in this complex environment. You’ll get the chance to work and learn alongside some of NHS Scotland’s top leaders and clinicians. You’ll also gain a fully funded masters level qualification.
What we are looking for
You will be emotionally intelligent and be able to demonstrate our shared values of care and compassion, dignity and respect, openness, honesty and responsibility and quality and teamwork.
All you need to apply is a 2:2 honours degree in any subject.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
Pension and pro rata annual leave allowance of 27 days plus eight days public holiday
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 19 February 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 19 February 2020