- Operations Management - Nissan manufacture some 500,000 cars a year – to order. We don’t stock pile, we don’t produce in bulk. We manufacture cars to fill the orders we receive. It means that a red Qashqai could roll off the line followed by blue LEAF then by a black Juke; the permutations are endless. Operations Management turn those permutations into a seamless manufacturing operation that works as quickly and cost effectively as possible. Without them, our cars could not be built. It’s a complex, multi-dimensional operation covering logistics, inventory control, just-in-time and supply chain management, together with major project studies, these can range from incorporating new designs into the production process to restructuring systems and processes to accommodate our new models.
- Supply Chain Management and Logistics - Supply Chain Management is an integral part of our company; we are responsible for getting the right parts and vehicles, in the right place, at the right time and the right cost:
Liaise daily with renowned logistics providers to design and engineer innovative and cost-effective global logistics solutions. We then warehouse parts once they reach Nissan; planning and collaboration with plant material handling ensures the smooth inflow of parts to the factory.
Project and cost reporting
Manage new model projects and developmental cost reporting for UK, Spain & Russia. This is completed against the backdrop of a competitive manufacturing environment, which demands the right cars are allocated to the right plants with the right level of profitability.
Responsible for the delivery of vehicles from all production sources to final dealer locations across international overseas markets. We oversee more than 50 logistics providers to ensure we deliver to all customers.
Overview – roleDepending on which department you are placed in will dictate your roles and responsibilities. No matter what department you are placed in we can assure you it will be varied, interesting and engaging.
What you’ll be doing
You will be given a real job with real responsibilities in one of the 6 disciplines within Business Operations and Logistics as soon as you join us. You will be assigned a mentor who will oversee your activities, ensuring you are operating at the correct level as your knowledge base expands. Eventually you will be fully responsible for the operation assigned to you.
Starting: August 2020.
What we are looking for
- Are able to partake in a 13-month placement as part of their course
- Creative thinking / problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good team worker
- Flexible working approach with ability to self-motivate
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Office software (mainly Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced organisation
- Knowledge of a foreign language maybe an advantage
Currently studying a degree (most degrees considered).
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
Fitness centre, paid overtime and time in lieu, sports and leisure complex, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2020