We don’t build cars, we enable cars to be built! Combining technical know-how with hands-on expertise, our engineers define the processes and facilities needed to achieve production objectives. From procuring and installing innovative solutions to achieve maximum output, to root cause analysis and resolving quality issues, we support all areas of the manufacturing operation, ensuring seamless production of over 500,000 cars every year. Engineering is a key function offering a full spectrum of roles covering Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Automotive and Chemical Engineering.
We combine practical engineering with project coordination using cross-functional teamwork. Truly embedded into the production process, engineers enjoy a mixture of desk based work such as CAD and specification writing alongside real-world activities such as line trials and equipment buy off. We continually question methods, seek areas to improve and identify creative alternatives.
Overview - role
You will be involved in a full range of activities from minor repairs and improvements to major projects and new product launches. Whatever your area, you’ll be combining hands-on engineering with project co-ordination, teamwork, support, leadership and extensive communication amongst other departments. Support is always on hand when you need it, but with the guidance of skilled and experienced engineers, and your own natural ability, you’ll soon find yourself meeting challenges head on and dealing with all situations that arise.
What you’ll be doing
Your responsibilities will be dependent on which section of the Engineering Department you will work in.
- Current model engineering and production support
- Quality improvement
- Cost reduction
- Facility efficiency improvements
- New model introduction and facility planning
- Vehicle design for manufacture
- Strategic planning
What we are looking for
- Are able to partake in a 13-month placement as part of their course
- A willingness to learn with a passion for Engineering
- Strong analytical skills to assist with root-cause studies
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Creative and forward thinking
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced organisation
- A good working knowledge of MS Office applications and CAD systems
Must be currently studying a STEM related degree.
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences
- electronic and electrical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
Fitness centre, paid overtime and time in lieu, sports and leisure complex, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2020