At Nissan, we produce a vehicle every 60 seconds. With our fast pace comes some big numbers. An Industrial Placement position with Nissan Finance is an opportunity not to be missed. It’s your chance to join us for one year in a full time role and gain real industry experience – putting everything you’ve learnt so far into practice.
Whether working in our Plant Finance, Shared Service Centre or European Controlling teams, the work is highly varied, challenging and rewarding. As one of our Industrial Placements, you will have opportunities to play a key role not only in local operations – but have scope for involvement in regional and global matters. The pace will be fast and the expectations will be high, but prove yourself here and you could secure an exciting future with an industry leader.
The successful candidate will be sufficiently flexible to assume responsibility for any aspects of the following:
- Financial accounting and reporting
- inventory reporting and control
- Product costing and logistics
- Business planning and forecasting
- Financial and process control
- Treasury and corporate governance
- Tax and customs
Right from the start, you’ll be supported by an experienced mentor who’ll be on hand to assist and guide you. Importantly, they’ll make sure you get the most from your time with us.
Nissan Motor Manufacturing Ltd (NMUK) is one of the biggest car production plants in the UK. Our incredible location in the North East of England gives us access not only to some of the best workforces in the UK but also direct, international transport links through the Port of Tyne. This enviable combination means we can ship 9,000 cars a week from of our world-leading manufacturing facility.
Nissan Sunderland plant is responsible for production of the Qashqui, Juke, Leaf and Infiniti Q30 models. We produce around 500,000 vehicles a year and export to over 130 international markets. All of this is made possible for our permanent workforce of over 6,700 people, with support from additional contractors and suppliers.
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Ability to present data in a clear and structured manner
- Energetic, flexible and committed to supporting the team in achieving tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Challenging and flexible mind set
- Proactive nature; able to work independently and as part of a team
- Articulate and ability to influence beyond authority
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Must be studying a finance related degree
- Are able to partake in a 12 month placement as part of their course
Accepted degree subjects
economics · marketing and advertising studies · business and management studies · accounting and finance
sports and leisure complex, fitness centre, 26 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, paid overtime
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 55+
Closing date: 31/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/12/2017