A combination of hands on expertise with the knowledge of production processes, our production supervisors are at the heart of our operations, with responsibility for achieving high volume targets and developing continuous improvement programmes. As a Graduate Production Supervisor you will be at the cutting edge of launching new vehicles and responsible for producing 2 vehicles every minute.
Your responsibilities will be dependent on which section of the Production Department you will work in. These include:
Graduate production Supervisors training plan: three months as a Manufacturing staff, learning how the Production line runs; six months as a Team Leader, Learning the role of the Team Leader; nine months as a Supervisor assistant, shadowing the role as a Supervisor; six months as a Graduate Supervisor, taking on the majority of a Supervisors role
- Once training plan is completed, you will be expected to run a zone with approximately x30 staff
- Develop Staff & personal objective setting
- Get involved in Disciplinary & Grievance procedures, including challenging conversations
- Ensure Zone & Department targets are met
- Manage all business KPI’s in line with Drive 5 objectives (5S, Delivery, Cost, Safety, Talent)
- To manage a section safely, efficiently and effectively
- Development and co-ordination of improvement activities, and management of cross functional teams and activities to meet the shops quality targets
- To manage budgets
As with all new Production Graduates, you will spend your first 3 months working on the production line, this experience is vital in giving you a firm understanding of our business. Thereafter, you will follow a specific training plan experiencing the role of Team Leader and Supervisor. Once you have the knowledge and experience required for Supervisor level, you will be in a position to run your own zone with a team in the region of 20 employees.
A production supervisor ensures the efficient running of the manufacturing process and the balance of our shift- related workforce. You will be responsible for leading and motivating staff to achieve production and efficiency targets.
Initiative, confidence and a pro-active approach are essential qualities in our graduates because you are not just responsible for achieving target, you are tasked with developing and implementing continuous improvement programmes as well as optimising the standardisation of operation practices.
With our exceptional training and development and the guidance of experienced Supervisors, and your own natural ability, you’ll find yourself meeting challenges head on and dealing with all situations that arise in a face paced, exciting environment.
What we are looking for
- Must have or expect to achieve a 2.1 grade at degree level
- You must have permission to live and work in the UK without restriction at the time of hire
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven thinker
- Excellent leadership, communication and team working skills
- Creative and forward thinking
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced organisation
- Geographically mobile
- A good working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Ability to analyse and problem solve
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- from £30,000
Company pension programme, Company share scheme, Car ownership scheme, Fitness centre, Paid overtime and time in lieu, Private healthcare, Sports and leisure complex, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, Travel opportunities (dependent on role)
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2022