Nissan has a reputation for being an excellent employer; from creating a safe, modern working environment, to delivering high quality vehicles using a lean production process. We ensure that all our people are given the resources and the encouragement to fulfil their potential. The Health & Safety department provide advice and support on general issues, carry out risk assessments, accident/incident investigations and regular shop floor audits. We also provide specialist support on machinery safety, fire, workplace transport and lifting operations.
- Provide general H&S advice
- Support new machinery installation and commissioning
- Interpret and advise on H&S legislation and standards
- Carry out Risk/COSHH/Fire Assessments
- Provide support to a team of H&S Engineers
Nissan believe that Health and Safety is equally as important as Quality, Cost and Time, and as such are committed to risk reduction with a goal of zero injuries.
To support these activities the Safety Engineers come from a range of backgrounds. These include internally from Production, Maintenance and Engineering and externally we have employed specialists with fire, transport and lifting experience.
What we are looking for
- Must be studying a STEM related degree e.g. (engineering/chemistry)
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Excellent inter-personal skills
- High level of drive and energy
- Ability to work on own initiative
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- from £30,000
Company pension programme, Company share scheme, Car ownership scheme, Fitness centre, Paid overtime and time in lieu, Private healthcare, Sports and leisure complex, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, Travel opportunities (dependent on role)
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2022