Technology is impacting the way we run our business more than ever; our information systems department is responsible for large scale information systems and infrastructure across Africa, the Middle East, India and Europe. We underpin the work of each area of the business from European headquarters, production plants, regional business units, technical centres and supporting our dealer networks.
Graduate positions exist throughout the department for passionate technologists with a strong demonstrable interest in building modern and quality technical solutions. Our business areas and technology landscape are vast and integration is key to our success therefore forward thinking and the willingness to adapt with the demands of our fast moving business demand is key.
Starting: September 2017.
We are Nissan Motor Manufacturing ltd (NMUK) and we are one of the biggest car production plants in the UK. Our incredible location in the North East of England gives us access not only to some of the best workforces in the UK but also direct, international transport links through the Port of Tyne. This enviable combination means we can ship 9,000 cars a week from of our world-leading manufacturing facility.
NMUK Sunderland plant is responsible for production of the Qashqui, Juke, Leaf and Infiniti Q30 models. We produce c.500,000 vehicles a year and export to over 130 international markets. All of this is made possible for our permanent workforce of over 6,700 people, with support from additional contractors and suppliers.
- Demonstrable passion for technology and innovation – appreciation of modern systems delivery including development tools, infrastructure, techniques, frameworks and approaches
- Ability to work in a diverse multicultural team environment with strong cross functional communication skills
- Pragmatic problem solving approach with the ability to make decisions and take measured risks
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Degree in a technology focused discipline with a minimum of a 2:1
- Demonstrable experience of software engineering
- The ability to demonstrate experience in one programming language is preferable but not essential
- Solid experience in commonplace business packages such as Microsoft Office
- Flexibility to travel - this may be required depending upon demands
Accepted degree subjects
business and management studies · computer sciences and IT
£29,660 - £36,120
Company pension programme, private healthcare, car leasing scheme, car ownership scheme, fitness centre, sports and leisure complex, 26 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, paid overtime
Contract and working hours
Fixed term · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Numerous
Closing date: 31/01/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2017