As a Business Technology Placement you will be supporting a variety of interesting projects and initiatives. With new challenges and opportunities coming thick and fast from a wide range of business areas. Working for us will provide insight and exposure to various professional avenues whilst interacting with different cultures. Diversity is key, as most departments work cross functionally with Renault and Daimler. Our placement scheme offers a safe, modern working environment, with support from an in team mentor from day one supplemented with formal training to ensure you fulfil your potential. Enabling theoretical knowledge gained at University to be developed and applied to a real working environment. Team placement will determine if responsibilities are concentrated around delivering business solutions or supporting and delivering the infrastructure and services which underpin the business applications and systems.
Nissan Motor Manufacturing Ltd (NMUK) is one of the biggest car production plants in the UK. Our incredible location in the North East of England gives us access not only to some of the best workforces in the UK but also direct, international transport links through the Port of Tyne. This enviable combination means we can ship 9,000 cars a week from of our world-leading manufacturing facility.
Nissan Sunderland plant is responsible for production of the Qashqui, Juke, Leaf and Infiniti Q30 models. We produce around 500,000 vehicles a year and export to over 130 international markets. All of this is made possible for our permanent workforce of over 6,700 people, with support from additional contractors and suppliers.
- Demonstrable passion for technology and innovation
- An understanding of Project Management techniques
- An understanding of modern systems delivery including development tools, infrastructure, techniques, frameworks and approaches
- Pragmatic problem solving approach with the ability to make decisions and take measured risks
- Strong communication skills enabling the ability to work in a cross functional diverse multicultural team environment
- Flexibility to travel – this may be required depending upon demands
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Must be studying a degree in a business technology related discipline
- Are able to partake in a 12 month placement as part of their course
Accepted degree subjects
information science and librarianship · business and management studies · computer sciences and IT
sports and leisure complex, fitness centre, 26 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, paid overtime
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 55+
Closing date: 31/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/12/2017