Nissans legal department aims to aid the business in achieving the company objectives by providing strategic support on various legal and commercial issues. This will allow you to have a varied experience where you can apply your skills, giving you the chance to cross functionally work and gain a much broader insight into the business as a whole.
We have multiple opportunities within Legal; both within our Maple Cross Sales & Marketing Headquarters and our Cranfield Research & Development Centre.
Our Maple Cross Sales and Marketing Headquarters
- The legal team supports all functions across the business; including marketing, sales, HR and finance. You will provide para legal support to assist the team in providing legal advice, compliance guidance and support on regulation across the business. You will gain insight and understanding of the commercial environment, and the way in which a legal function supports the strategic development of a business such as Nissan in a highly competitive industry.
Your responsibilities will include
- Undertaking research for the legal team and assisting with drafting legal advice to Nissan.
- Assisting key stakeholders with ongoing contract management.
- Assisting with compliance and regulatory projects and working with Nissan Europe on alignment and reporting of activities.
- Undertaking key tasks for the administration of the legal department.
Our Cranfield Research & Development Centre
- The European Legal Team supports Nissan’s business operations in Europe and on a global scale. The Purchasing, Technology and Data Protection section of the European Legal Team is based in our Nissan Technical Centre Europe in Cranfield, Bedfordshire. You will support the Business to achieve the company objectives by providing strategic legal support on various legal and commercial issues. In addition, you will gain valuable knowledge of how Nissan functions and increase your awareness of the automotive industry.
You will act as Paralegal to support our Legal Counsel with a broad range of commercial matters. The responsibilities are varied and will include:
- Reviewing, negotiating and drafting various commercial contracts
- Assisting key stakeholders with ongoing contract management
- Undertaking research and administrative duties
- Providing first-class legal expertise on all matters relating to the business
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays (Maple Cross); 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays (Cranfield)
- Free on-site parking
- Sports and social committee
- Subsidised canteen
- Training opportunities
- Flexible working hours
- Health and wellbeing initiatives
- Paid overtime (Cranfield only)
What we are looking for
- Applicants will need to demonstrate they have a passion for business and are driven to succeed
- Attention to detail, performing accurate & detailed work
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to integrate, interact and work within a team
- Good time and workload management skills to achieve results
- Self-motivation – able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working within deadlines and in a fast paced environment
- Self-motivation – able to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and comfortable working within deadlines
- High level of PC knowledge
- Advanced numerical skills
Second year student, currently studying a law degree that allows you to partake in an industrial placement year
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
- Maple Cross
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2020