Nissan Sunderland manufacture some 350,000 a year – to order. We don’t stock pile, we don’t produce in bulk. We manufacture cars to fill the orders we receive. We turn those permutations into a seamless manufacturing operation that works as quickly and cost effectively as possible. Without them, our cars could not be built.
It’s a complex, multi-dimensional operation covering logistics, inventory control, Just In Time and supply chain management, together with major project studies, these can range from incorporating new designs into the production process to restructuring systems and processes to accommodate our new models.
Over the programme you will experience at least 2 of the 3 main disciplines – scheduling, parts control and design change control. These roles could be in the main vehicle processes or supporting internal processes like aluminium casting, as well as providing technical information for the Nissan Service Organisation.
A commercially aware planner, a problem solver and an excellent communicator, you will enjoy close liaison across the company with early hands-on experience and responsibility in this fast paced role.
The Operations Management Department (Production Control), turn permutations into an optimised manufacturing schedule that allows us to assemble cars as efficiently and cost effectively as possible. Below are just a few of the functions within the department:
- Supply change management / operational support for a number of automotive suppliers
- Supply chain performance analysis and improvement atrategies
- Support for new project / new model development
- Production planning and daily schedule creation
- Cross functional working with other Nissan departments and global Manufacturing sites
- Inventory management and control
- Logistics planning and logistics control
- Service parts management
Variety is at the centre of a graduate position with no two days being the same. From day one you will be given a role with instant responsibility and you will have numerous opportunities to show your talents.
Nissan Motor Manufacturing Ltd (NMUK) is one of the biggest car production plants in the UK. Our incredible location in the North East of England gives us access not only to some of the best workforces in the UK but also direct, international transport links through the Port of Tyne. This enviable combination means we can ship 9,000 cars a week from of our world-leading manufacturing facility.
Nissan Sunderland plant is responsible for production of the Qashqui, Juke, Leaf and Infiniti Q30 models. We produce around 500,000 vehicles a year and export to over 130 international markets. All of this is made possible for our permanent workforce of over 6,700 people, with support from additional contractors and suppliers.
- Creative thinking / Problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good team worker / flexible working approach with ability to self-motivate
- Experience with Microsoft package useful
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Must have or expect to achieve a 2.1 in a relevant degree
- You must have permission to live and work in the UK without restriction at the time of hire
Accepted degree subjects
economics · marketing and advertising studies · business and management studies · accounting and finance
£30,476 - £37,113
company pension programme, private healthcare, car leasing scheme, car ownership scheme, fitness centre, sports and leisure complex, 26 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, paid overtime, share scheme
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 30+
Closing date: 31/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/12/2017