NMUK manufacture some 350,000 a year – to order. We don’t stock pile, we don’t produce in bulk. We manufacture cars to fill the orders we receive. It means that a red Qashqai could roll off the line followed by blue LEAF then by a black Juke; the permutations are endless.
Operations Management turn those permutations into a seamless manufacturing operation that works as quickly and cost effectively as possible. Without them, our cars could not be built.
It’s a complex, multi-dimensional operation covering logistics, inventory control, Just In Time and supply chain management, together with major project studies, these can range from incorporating new designs into the production process to restructuring systems and processes to accommodate our new models.
During your placement you will experience disciplines such as scheduling, parts control and design change control. This could be in the main vehicle processes or supporting internal processes like aluminium casting and plastics injection blow moulding, as well as providing technical information for the Nissan Service Organisation.
The Operations Management Department (Production Control), turn these permutations into an optimised manufacturing schedule that allows us to assemble cars as efficiently and cost effectively as possible. Below are just a few of the functions within the department:
- Supply change management / operational support for a number of automotive suppliers
- Supply chain performance analysis and improvement strategies
- Support for new project / new model development
- Production planning and daily schedule creation
- Cross functional working with other Nissan departments and global Manufacturing sites
- Inventory management and control
- Logistics planning and logistics control
- Service parts management
Variety is at the centre of a placement position with no two days being the same. From day one you have a Mentor who will ensure you get the most out of your time here at Nissan. You will be given a role with instant responsibility and you will have numerous opportunities to show your talents and develop new skills.
Nissan Motor Manufacturing Ltd (NMUK) is one of the biggest car production plants in the UK. Our incredible location in the North East of England gives us access not only to some of the best workforces in the UK but also direct, international transport links through the Port of Tyne. This enviable combination means we can ship 9,000 cars a week from of our world-leading manufacturing facility.
Nissan Sunderland plant is responsible for production of the Qashqui, Juke, Leaf and Infiniti Q30 models. We produce around 500,000 vehicles a year and export to over 130 international markets. All of this is made possible for our permanent workforce of over 6,700 people, with support from additional contractors and suppliers.
- Creative thinking / problem solving
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good team worker / flexible working approach with ability to self-motivate
- Experience with Microsoft software
- Knowledge of a foreign language maybe an advantage
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Currently studying a degree (all degrees considered)
- Are able to partake in a 12 month placement as part of their course
Accepted degree subjects
sports and leisure complex, fitness centre, 26 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, paid overtime
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 55+
Closing date: 31/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/12/2017