Purchasing is a key function within any automotive manufacturer, after all, when you consider that 80% of the car value is from externally sourced components you can understand how important your role within Purchasing will be. Throughout your role, you will learn about the vast variety of functions within Purchasing and will be allocated your own area of responsibility from the following:
- Line Parts, Facilities & Site Services, Aftersales, Vendor Tooling, Purchase Project Management, Purchase Planning & Co-ordination, Supplier Quality Development and Total Delivered Cost
Our Cranfield facility, European Technical Centre (NTCE), serves as the head office for Nissan’s Research & Development operations in Europe. In Sunderland, our production facility (NMUK) is the home to iconic models such as Qashqai, Juke & Leaf and the recently announced EV36Euro Electric Vehicle (EV) Hub.
The subject of the degree you are doing is not as important as the type of person you are. If you think you have the skills to make an impression we want to hear from you. One thing’s for sure though, you’ll develop quickly, because, the pace here is fast to say the least. You will have several projects on the go, at any one time. Don’t worry you will not be alone – you’ll have an experienced mentor from day one who will support you to succeed. You’ll be involved in data and cost analysis for future activities, supplier visits and continual liaison with both internal and external departments.
The successful candidate will be sufficiently flexible to assume responsibility for any aspects of the following:
- Sourcing for all new models across Nissan Europe
- Daily communication with suppliers, internal departments, external departments and global entities
- Cost management of parts with both suppliers and internal departments
- Project management activities for new European projects
- Internal Reporting of key cost information on a monthly basis
- Supplier visits where possible
Please note we have positions available in both our NMUK Sunderland and NTCE Cranfield sites. Please specify if you have a preferred location when applying.
What we are looking for
- Must have or expect to achieve a 2.1 in a relevant degree
- You must have permission to live and work in the UK without restriction at the time of hire
- Strong analytical skills and a data-driven thinker
- A creative, forward thinker with excellent communication and team working skills
- Excellent written & verbal communication
- Good team worker / flexible working approach with ability to self-motivate
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced organisation
- Efficient time management & organisation skills
- Excellent working knowledge of MS Office applications
- Knowledge of a foreign language may be an advantage
- Geographically mobile
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- from £30,000
Company pension programme, Company share scheme, Car ownership scheme, Fitness centre, Paid overtime and time in lieu, Private healthcare, Sports and leisure complex, 26 days annual leave + bank holidays, Travel opportunities (dependent on role)
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2022
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2022