Purchasing is a key function within any automotive manufacturer, after all, when you consider that 80% of the car value is from externally sourced components you can understand how important your role within purchasing will be. Throughout your role, you will learn about the vast variety of functions within purchasing and will be allocated your own area of responsibility from the following:
Line parts, facilities and site services, aftersales, vendor tooling, purchase project management, purchase planning and co-ordination, supplier quality development and total delivered cost
Overview - role
The subject of the degree you are doing is not as important as the type of person you are. If you think you have the skills to make an impression, we want to hear from you! One thing’s for sure though, you’ll develop quickly, because, the pace here is fast to say the least.
You will have several projects on the go, at any one time within purchasing. Don’t worry you will not be alone – you’ll have an experienced mentor from day one who will support you to succeed. You’ll be involved in data and cost analysis for future activities, potential supplier visits and continual liaison with both internal and external departments. It’s also key to note that many of our placement students return to our Graduate Trainee Scheme so see this as the possibility of opening a door to an excellent career.
What you’ll be doing
The successful candidate will be sufficiently flexible to assume responsibility for any aspects of the following:
- Report coordination within your specified section
- Support for sourcing activities across Nissan Europe new models
- Daily communication with suppliers (including potential visits)
- Supporting cost reduction activities
- Contributing to project management activities
What we are looking for
- Are able to partake in a 13-month placement as part of their course
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Ability to present data in a clear and structured manner
- Energetic, flexible and committed to supporting the team in achieving tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Challenging and flexible mind set
- Proactive nature; able to work independently and as part of a team
- Articulate and ability to influence beyond authority
Must have or expect to achieve a 2:1 in a relevant degree.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
Fitness centre, paid overtime and time in lieu, sports and leisure complex, 26 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2020