If you want to work in an organization that will challenge you to take your Quality Assurance career to the next level, Nissan will go there with you. One of our key mid-term business strategies is to raise Nissan into the top class of global automakers in quality. And we're making solid progress.
It’s a high profile function that enjoys involvement in every area of the business. From suppliers and raw materials to the finished vehicle and beyond to post sales customer satisfaction, Quality Assurance has a key role to play. Whether you’re down on the shop floor, visiting suppliers or out in the field assessing post sale quality, you’ll need a good level of technical/engineering ability. Beyond that you need excellent interpersonal skills, confidence and the ability to operate as both a customer, explaining your requirements and ensuring they are met, and supplier, delivering solutions across the business
- Application and analysis of testing and inspection procedures.
- Capture the voice of the customer.
- Provide technical support to our production departments (mechanical/electrical).
- Quality evaluation between design drawings through to production parts and final assembly.
- Use trend analysis tools to capture the performance of the product.
- Lead product/process investigations in-house or in one of the hundreds of Nissan suppliers based in the UK and abroad.
- Supporting and developing new model launch including our new premium Infiniti vehicle.
- Being capable of taking control of your own responsibilities including time management to ensure adequate completion of tasks.
Nissan Motor Manufacturing Ltd (NMUK) is one of the biggest car production plants in the UK. Our incredible location in the North East of England gives us access not only to some of the best workforces in the UK but also direct, international transport links through the Port of Tyne. This enviable combination means we can ship 9,000 cars a week from of our world-leading manufacturing facility.
Nissan Sunderland plant is responsible for production of the Qashqui, Juke, Leaf and Infiniti Q30 models. We produce around 500,000 vehicles a year and export to over 130 international markets. All of this is made possible for our permanent workforce of over 6,700 people, with support from additional contractors and suppliers.
- Creative thinker and strong problem solving skills.
- Great team member with a flexible working approach.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office will be essential.
- Versatile with the ability to adapt to challenging situations.
- Experience within an engineering/quality department would advantageous.
- Full UK/European driving license would of an advantage
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Achieved or working towards a minimum of a 2:1 in a STEM related subject
- You must have permission to live and work in the UK without restriction at the time of hire
- You will be expected to function at an engineer level.
Accepted degree subjects
physics · agricultural sciences · food sciences · mathematics · chemical engineering · geology and geographical science · chemistry · politics · sports science · health sciences · social sciences · transport engineering · aerospace engineering · biology and life sciences · materials science · computer sciences and IT · electronic and electrical engineering · environmental science and ecology · engineering management · civil engineering and construction
£30,476 - £37,113
company pension programme, private healthcare, car leasing scheme, car ownership scheme, fitness centre, sports and leisure complex, 26 days’ annual leave plus bank holidays, paid overtime, share scheme
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Number of vacancies: 30+
Closing date: 31/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/12/2017