The successful candidate will be reporting directly into the Technical Manager and will be responsible for leading the safe delivery of the following types of projects undertaken in previous years:
- WESP - working with the Wet Electrostatic Precipitator improvement team to identify opportunities for improvement of this pollution control device, develop an action plan, and complete actions within ther time frame of the placement
- Capital projects - working with the Capital Project Manager to complete Line 1 mat spray improvement project
- Quality assurance - working with the Process OSB Engineer to reduce variation in following areas: dryer outlet moisture content (3 – dryers) ; mat weight control (2 – lines) ; resin application and dosing in both surface and core blenders; to identify efficiency improvements within the blending operation; specifically the surface blender
The successful candidates will be employed as Graduate Placement Engineers in the chemical engineering discipline. Working with Norbord will enable them to experience an immersive, hands-on experience. They will develop in-depth understanding and knowledge of their chosen area - working on live projects and getting on and off-the-job training. It all combines to show how the different parts of our business interact. They will also have access to an active support network of line managers, and mentors, all on hand to help them get the most from their experiences and make the right decisions
Norbord is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of engineered wood-based panel products. Our products are used extensively in the construction, DIY and furniture industries.
- Norbord Incorporated has its headquarters in Toronto, Canada. We are publicly owned and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange, for more information visit http://www.norbord.co.uk/
- We have been supplying products to Europe for over 40 years and have a strong customer base, built on our record for excellent service and delivery, consistent quality and competitive pricing
- In Europe we produce in excess of 1.2 million cubic metres of wood panels with a turnover of circa £225m
Our strategic priorities:
- Develop a world class safety culture
- Focus on growth customers
- Own high quality assets with low cost positions
- Maintain margin-focused operation culture
- Allocate capital with discipline
- Pursue growth in OSB
History in Europe
We first entered the market in 1964, completing the acquisition of our current UK sites in 1999. In 2004, we strengthened the European component of the business further, adding the Genk facility in Belgium to our operations.
Today, Norbord brands are some of the most trusted across the continent and our products are widely used in the construction. As a business, we continue to place customers, standards of excellence, control of costs, safety and environmental concerns at the centre of our activities.
And we’re proud to be regarded as the industry expert by our customers across Europe.
Qualifications and experience requirements
Our ideal candidates would be students who have completed their initial degree and are moving onto post graduate studies e.g. MSc.
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Two
Closing date: 22/12/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 22/12/2017