In this varied and hands on role the post holder will be responsible for weekly and monthly tasks and reports to provide key information to support the operational accounts team.
The post holder will receive comprehensive training in accounting and be given an insight into many different aspects of the operational accounts team. The position will allow the post holder to study toward a ACCA qualification. The role includes funding exam leave, training and tutorials as well as providing mentoring and training support when required.
Roles & Responsibilities
The post holder will be responsible for and undertake:
- General ledger maintenance;
- Preparation of weekly site KPI reports;
- Month end and year end tasks;
- Assistance in the preparation of monthly management accounts;
- Assistance in the preparation of annual budgets and quarterly re-forecasts; and
- Ad hoc work as required by the operational accounts team.
We are a world-leading manufacturer of engineered wood-based panel products. Our products include OSB, Chipboard and MDF. They are used extensively throughout construction, furniture and DIY industries, and come with the environmental reassurance of FSC® certification.
We have been supplying products to Europe for over 40 years and have a strong customer base. This has been built on our record for excellent service and delivery, along with consistent quality and competitive pricing.
- Norbord Europe is part of Norbord Incorporated, its headquarters based in Toronto, Canada. We are publicly owned and listed on the Toronto Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange.
- Worldwide we employ around 2,000 people, approximately 900 of them in Europe.
- In Europe alone we produce in excess of 1.2 million cubic metres of wood panels with a turnover of circa £225m
The post holder must recognise the need for flexibility in their position due to the specific demands of the role. To this end they must be willing to work reasonable additional hours to cover situations such as absence of colleagues.
There are no major physical demands to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Coping with setbacks
The post holder must:
- Work productively in a pressurised environment;
- Keep emotions under control during difficult circumstances;
- Balance the demands of a work life, study life and a personal life;
- Maintain a positive outlook at work; and
- Handle criticism well and learn from it..
Qualifications and experience requirements
- Be on course for or obtained at least a 2:1 in any degree discipline;
- Proficient excel skills with the ability to manipulate data for financial analysis;
- Highly motivated with commitment, drive and determination to excel;
- Numerically minded and passionate about building a career within finance;
- Personable with good communication skills;
- Able to work on own initiative and also be a team–player; and
- Quick learner who is able to work towards deadlines and has a strong eye for detail.
- Experience working with Microsoft Dynamics;
- Previous experiences working in an office environment or a manufacturing environment; and
- Experience of presenting information to persons with a non-financial background..
Accepted degree subjects
Profit Share, PHI, Pension Scheme
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Two
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 01/03/2018