Norbord is seeking a bright and enthusiastic graduate looking to gain an insight into the analytical functions of a European wood panel manufacturer. This is an opportunity to learn and become involved at first hand in a range of business analytical projects in a small but extremely busy commercial department.
Main purpose of position
Working with an advanced level of Excel with knowledge of statistical/BI systems such as Tableau/BI Power Tool highly desirable, the graduate trainee will play an integral role in terms of supporting the Commercial and Marketing team with accurate and much needed reporting information/data, as well as lead in terms of maintaining departmental databases and providing ad-hoc “decision support” relating to the business and sales performance.
Provide information collection analysis and reporting functions to Norbord Europe for -
- Macro economics
- Product supply and demand
- Geographic markets
- End-use/customer/channel segments/value chain analysis
- Project and product development analysis
- Campaign analysis
- Gather and interpret external and internal information (including the impact of external information on internal processes) and communicate using appropriate and relevant tools
- Presentation support for commercial/marketing functions
- General support to marketing group
- Marketing and sales project analysis
- Establish, maintain and communicate user friendly data bases for five above-mentioned areas: business decisions making models, macroeconomics, product supply/demand, geographic segments and market end-use segments
- Support marketing and sales group in presentation preparation for: customers; internal use – for all departments
- Provide a variety of other support services to marketing function
Role interfaces with:
- Customers at various levels
- Internal Norbord at all levels and throughout all functions/departments/geographies
What we are looking for
- This role would suit a graduate with some work experience
- Highly numerate with strong statistical working knowledge - experience of preparing market statistics would be desired
- Ideal entry point for a willing team player with a strong work ethic in a dynamic company
- Excellent IT skills including all aspects of MS Office.
- Expert knowledge of Excel and advanced skills in PowerPoint.
- Technical expertise to extract and manipulate data and identify trends.
- Strong people and communication skills – written, verbal, presentation
- Able to work with efficiency whilst maintaining accuracy when against tight deadlines
- You will also need to be a self-starter and able to work at times on your own as well as in teams
- Good starting point for someone to advance later into management
Minimum bachelor degree - preference given to degree in business studies, marketing, economics, statistics or finance areas
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Send CV and covering letter via the Apply button.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 25/06/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Additional location information||Cowie|