Take up a career in housing and make a difference to people’s lives by applying to join the Private Sector Improvement Service, a department within the Regional Services Division of the Housing Executive.
The Private Sector Improvement Service (PSIS) helps people in private sector housing through a range of functions including:
- Providing grant aid to support people with disabilities to remain in their own home
- Tackling fuel poverty by providing financial assistance to install energy efficiency measures
We are seeking to recruit Graduate Trainees to the Private Sector Improvement Service who will undertake a two year training programme.
Trainees will be based in Central PSIS but may be deployed for a period of time in Grants Offices across Northern Ireland.
The programme will provide trainees with:
- Professional training which will be linked to appropriate Housing qualifications
- On the job development
- On-going training and development within the NIHE Divisional Training Programme
- General development on a range of appropriate knowledge and skills
The Northern Ireland Housing Executive is an equal opportunities employer. It particularly welcomes applications from members of the Protestant community who are currently under represented in parts of its workforce.
Accepted degree subjects
£17,547 - £27,394
The first nine months will be spent studying at the University of the West of England in Bristol. The following 14 months will be spent training with the Environment Agency or a Local Authority on a work-based training.
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Number of vacancies: One
Further information, including detailed job requirements and application form, is available, from our website via the apply button at or via email or telephone 03448 920 900
Please apply by 4.30pm on the closing date.
Closing date: 08/12/2016
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 08/12/2016