Your duties will include:
- Providing support to colleagues - managing colleague performance and training and development needs; as well as regular case load management;
- Ensuring compliance - attending external partnership and stakeholder meetings, making referrals, complying with Health and Safety Risk Assessments
- Achieving agreed performance targets and reporting on performance. Collation of data and production of reports for senior leadership team, partner agencies and commissioners;
- Ensuring that Derbyshire WISH is the best it can possibly be – supporting and inducting new colleagues, identifying recruitment needs, and ensuring the service is delivered effectively to meet the needs of our residents
If you’re someone who is creative, compassionate and looking for a new challenge, this could be your perfect opportunity. Due to the nature of the role, you must be a car driver and have access to a vehicle.
In return for your valuable knowledge and skills, you can access our fantastic employee benefits:
- c36.5 days leave a year with additional two days after five years’ service
- Up to £1,200 per year for your routine healthcare costs e.g. dentist, opticians etc.
- Employee recognition scheme with monetary reward of £50 when selected
- Company pension scheme options with contributions matched by NCHA and includes life assurance cover
- Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay
- Free enhanced DBS check
- Great learning and development and qualification opportunities
- Discounted bus passes and gym membership, discounts and cashback at major retailers
- Free access to employee Advice Line; offering a 24-hour confidential advice service to discuss work or home related concerns with professional advisors
Please note it is a mandatory requirement to wear full PPE including a face mask in this role.
Training from RESPECT will be provided as part of this role.
The role is 37 hours per week to meet the needs of the service - this could include some evenings (minimum one per week) working up to 8:30pm to ensure support for our new services (group work will be provided in an evening - management cover required to support colleagues delivering the work).
What we are looking for
We are looking for a creative and confident people manager to help us establish and deliver these services. You will have substantial, demonstrable experience of working within domestic abuse or similar support services. You will use you skills, knowledge and experience to provide guidance, support and motivation to a team of group facilitators and Support Workers delivering these services.
You will have knowledge and experience of carrying out risk assessments (including MARAC) and good working knowledge of safeguarding procedures. Experience of working within a multi-agency environment to meet the needs of our clients and to promote and represent these new services and other service provided by Derbyshire WISH.
It is essential for this role that you have a valid UK driving licence and unrestricted access to a vehicle as the programme will be delivered at locations across the county in partnership with the Elm Foundation.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Derbyshire · Amber Valley
- £27,052 - £31,179
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
All correspondence will be via your registered email address.
As an Equal Opportunities and Disability Confident Employer, NCHA welcomes applications from all suitably qualified candidates including those from Black, Asian and minority ethnic groups and disabled candidates. As part of our LGBT + Allies Programme, we also welcome applications from members of the LGBT + community and encourage inclusivity in the workplace.
Women and black, Asian and minority ethnic colleagues are currently under-represented in managerial positions and we particularly welcome suitable applications.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 30 November 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 30 November 2021