A 12-month student placement is available within Application Services, Group IS, at our UK Head Office in Lathom, near Ormskirk, commencing in Summer 2018. The main purpose of the role will be to work with system requestors from the NSG Group core businesses to design and implement standardised and specialist applications in line with the requestors’ functional requirements.
- Ensure health, safety and quality is at the core of everything done in the workplace
- Work with business requestors to understand functional requirements for Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and specialist application solutions
- Design, build, document and test systems using Web, Technologies, Microsoft SharePoint 2010, 2016, Office 365 and other standard systems
- Support the NSG business in the use of systems delivered by Application Services
- Identify opportunities to standardise solutions onto core platforms
The NSG Group is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of glass and glazing systems in three business areas: Architectural, Automotive and Technical Glass.
Founded in 1918, NSG acquired the leading UK-based glass manufacturer Pilkington Plc in June 2006. Today, the company has combined sales of just over JPY 629 billion, with manufacturing operations in 28 countries, sales in 130 countries and employs some 27,000 people worldwide.
Our mission is to be the global leader in innovative high performance glass and glazing solutions, working safely and ethically.
Applicants are not expected to have all technical skills listed but will be expected to learn these skills in a short period of time and should therefore be able to demonstrate equivalent technical and learning abilities.
Applicants must possess a strong understanding of business concepts, a results-oriented and analytical approach and the ability to quickly learn and exploit technology. Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal, are essential. The successful candidate will be a good team worker and able to take responsibility for achieving personal tasks.
A full UK driving licence and car ownership would be an advantage due to limited public transport to the site.
Qualifications and experience requirements
Key Technical Skills
- Microsoft core Operating Systems (Windows 7,10 and Server 2008, 2012)
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010, 2016, Office 365, IIS 7.0 and MS SQL 2008 -16
Accepted degree subjects
UP TO £17,000
How to apply
If you believe you have the skills and abilities, we very much want to hear from you.
Closing date: 31/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 31/01/2018