Become part of the team
Great opportunity for a talented, newly qualified Electronics Engineer who is interested in building a career in a consulting environment.
If you want a balance of technology, commercial and real-world applications, coupled with an opportunity to work across a broad range of industry sectors, then this might be what you have been looking for.
At PA we have a unique combination of industry expertise and engineering capability. At our dedicated Technology Centre in Cambridge UK, we develop award-winning products and manufacturing processes, helping clients understand and use technology more effectively.
The role will involve working closely with your colleagues and our clients on a wide range of assignments. You will be an important part of developing creative technical solutions for break-out products and manufacturing processes, contributing your expertise in electronic engineering. Your role may range from creating a novel wireless connected product, developing a high performance data processor to designing an innovative medical device. Our clients need us to work at the cutting edge and you will be ready to help.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy five additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
The start date for this role will be September 2021.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will be a graduate engineer with a degree in electronics (or related subject), with a strong academic background and ideally some exposure to industry via projects or internships.
You should have a knowledge and an interest across one or more of these areas:
- Electronic circuit design principles.
- Digital electronics - DSP, FPGA
- Microcontrollers, Microprocessors and embedded hardware design.
- Embedded software development in C
- Power electronics and switch mode power supply design.
- Radio frequency electronics / communication systems
- Product design experience desirable
- Energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges in a diverse range of industry sectors coupled with the ability to innovate and think freely.
- Team player that enjoys working collaboratively with others.
- Effective communicator with an ability to explain ideas and concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
This is a great chance to use your knowledge of electronics engineering across a wide range of industry sectors and problem spaces.
Degree qualified – minimum 2:1 (electronic engineering or related subject)
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28 February 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 28 February 2021