Become part of the team
Great opportunity for a talented, newly qualified Electronics Engineer who is interested in building a career in a consulting environment.
If you want a balance of technology, commercial and real-world applications, coupled with an opportunity to work across a broad range of industry sectors, then this might be what you have been looking for.
At PA we have a unique combination of industry expertise and engineering capability. At our dedicated Technology Centre in Cambridge UK, we develop award-winning products and manufacturing processes, helping clients understand and use technology more effectively.
The role will involve working closely with your colleagues and our clients on a wide range of assignments. You will be an important part of developing creative technical solutions for break-out products and manufacturing processes, contributing your expertise in electronic engineering. Your role may range from creating a novel wireless connected product, developing a high performance data processor to designing an innovative medical device. Our clients need us to work at the cutting edge and you will be ready to help.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy five additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
This is a great chance to use your knowledge of electronics engineering across a wide range of industry sectors and problem spaces.
What we are looking for
The ideal candidate will be a graduate engineer with a degree in electronics (or related subject), with a strong academic background and ideally some exposure to industry via projects or internships.
You should have a knowledge and an interest across one or more of these areas:
- Electronic circuit design principles.
- Digital electronics - DSP, FPGA
- Microcontrollers, Microprocessors and embedded hardware design.
- Embedded software development in C
- Power electronics and switch mode power supply design.
- Radio frequency electronics / communication systems
- Product design experience desirable
- Energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges in a diverse range of industry sectors coupled with the ability to innovate and think freely.
- Team player that enjoys working collaboratively with others.
- Effective communicator with an ability to explain ideas and concepts clearly to both technical and non-technical audiences.
Degree qualified – minimum 2:1 (electronic engineering or related subject)
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 August 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment