Become part of the team
Mechanical Engineers at PA are expected to be capable of working in a diverse range of fields (medical devices / automation / consumer products) in a short space of time, and as such should be able to get up to speed with a new project as soon as it comes through the door. PA is unique among technology consultancies in offering clients the opportunity to integrate new products and technology through to wider business solutions. As a member of our Mechanical Engineering team you will innovate at the intersection of science, technology and market needs. We pride ourselves on developing innovative solutions to hard problems.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy five additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
The start date for this role will be September 2021.
What we are looking for
- Readiness to assist with a wide range of tasks within multidisciplinary teams, such as lab work, testing and research
- Proficiency in 3D CAD systems; preferably SolidWorks
- Understanding and proven experience of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- Willingness to take part in hands on work such as machine building and device testing
- Strong analytical and problem-solving capability
- Customer focus, with a professional and confident communication style
- The ability to innovate and think freely
- Energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges in a range of industry sectors
- Able to solve problems using both logic and creative/innovative approaches
- Numerate and highly computer literate, with excellent analytical skills
- Able to plan and prioritise, work to deadlines and under pressure
- A genuine interest in engineering
Minimum 2:1 degree in mechanical engineering or related subject or equivalent experience
Accepted degree subjects
- electronic and electrical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us on email@example.com
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28 February 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 28 February 2021