Become part of the team
Why do you enjoy developing software?
- To have a variety of complex software problems to solve?
- To turn your talents to all manner of design and development tasks – real devices and machines, electronics or mechanical systems, directly with hardware systems?
- To work in a talented and collaborative cross-disciplinary team that provides insight into best practice software product development – from button-sized embedded electronics systems through to innovative manufacturing process control?
- To use your toolbox of programming knowledge and a desire to work in Agile teams.
- To design and build solutions using the best-suited technologies for the problem you are trying to solve?
- To add value through your non-software capability (e.g., as an applied physicist, mathematician, regulatory expert, comms expert, mechanical/mechatronics expert, etc.)?
- Because it’s what you do in your spare time too, for fun?
At PA Consulting our Design, Engineering & Science function brings
- Experience of how to help our clients manage technology and innovate better – because we innovate every day, for a living.
- Knowledge of multiple sectors where solutions to our clients’ challenges may already exist – because we work across all major sectors.
- Ability to take a product from idea to market quickly and efficiently – because we deploy multidisciplinary teams with world class facilities on a single site.
- Commercial understanding to exploit technologies successfully – because we design and improve the businesses that drive these products to profit.
Organisations we work with
- Invest in their innovation, research and development effectiveness. They need to redesign their capabilities and processes and understand what new skills they need to continuously deliver both incremental and disruptive innovation in their domains.
- Invest in new ideas that deliver better consumer experience and capture the public’s view of ‘right’ values across the supply chain.
- Look inside and outside their organisations to identify the optimum partnerships to spark, and then deliver, innovative products and services.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy five additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
What we are looking for
- Strong embedded or objected-oriented programming skills, ideally in one or more of C++, Python, C or C#
- Familiarity with software development practices and tools, such as agile development, version control, software testing, continuous integration and virtualisation
- Excellent communication skills, and the ability to work in a team
- The versatility and flexibility to apply your skills to new challenges and solve unfamiliar problems
- A desire to push for continuous improvement and deliver quality software
- The ability to work independently
- A willingness to learn
Ideal but not essential:
- Commercial experience of design, development and testing of software
- Knowledge or experience of a specific area of interest, for example: embedded software, sensors, IoT, cloud, robotics, VR/AR
- Evidence of software development outside of university or work
Please note you must already have the right to live and work in the UK.
2.1 or above in computer science, software engineering, or another STEM subject
Accepted degree subjects
- computer sciences
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 August 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment