Become part of the team
Join us for a 12 month placement to experience being part of PA Consulting’s growing global Design team including Essential Design, Astro Studios, Sparkler and We Are Friday. The internship has flexible start and end dates, but generally runs from July-July for 12 months. If your course does not allow year-long placements, please let us know! We are happy to offer shorter placements to the right students.
The industrial design internship position is a paid, 37.5 hour per week professional internship. While working at PA Design, interns are expected to work as a full junior member of the design team, tasked with client projects, internal initiatives, and presentations for marketing and awards. Interns will collaborate with other disciplines within PA: consumer research, human factors, engineering, digital experiences, transport and medical teams. You may also get the chance to work with our global design team in Boston and Chicago.
You will be involved in curating consumer insights, concept ideation/ sketching, user interaction, user experience mapping, design development, design strategy and CMF design. We design everything from consumer electronics, to medical devices, through to packaging and new to world products. We work with a range of clients from start-ups, all the way through to world famous brands.
Why is this role important for PA’s work?
PA brings on dozens of interns from a variety of academic backgrounds throughout the year. Internship requirements vary among roles and locations. We truly value our interns, as they work alongside our full-time employees to tackle challenges and make real impact on PA’s projects and culture. Interning at PA is an exciting opportunity to learn, grow, and have a lot of fun.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy five additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
What we are looking for
Analysts are expected to be contributing members of the team and so we look for candidates with:
- Good technical and communication skills
- Skills in the Adobe Creative Suite, Solidworks, and Keyshot
- Candidates should have a sophisticated sensitivity to form and CMF, as well as a willingness and ability to learn, self-initiate and push themselves.
- Proficient in visual representation of their ideas, physical prototype development, and 3D printing.
- Knowledge of animation, and other rendering packages are a bonus.
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 August 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment