Become part of the team
Mechanical Engineers at PA are expected to be capable of working in a diverse range of fields (medical devices / automation / consumer products) in a short space of time, and as such should be able to get up to speed with a new project as soon as it comes through the door. PA is unique among technology consultancies in offering clients the opportunity to integrate new products and technology through to wider business solutions. As a member of our Mechanical Engineering team you will innovate at the intersection of science, technology and market needs. We pride ourselves on developing innovative solutions to hard problems.
We want to give you a real insight into what technology consulting is all about. So rather than simply shadowing more experienced engineers, you'll work on developing a real prototype product. Supported by an experienced project manager, you'll collaborate with other Interns who might be studying electronic engineering, software engineering, mechanical engineering or science. We'll also provide tailor-made training in ‘soft skills’ such as presentation skills, information organisation and communication.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy five additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
Start date is July 2021.
What we are looking for
- Understanding and proven experience of mechanical engineering fundamentals
- You'll be in the penultimate year of your undergraduate degree
- Experience of 3D CAD and FEA,
- Good understanding of mechanical design including design techniques, material selection, tolerances, controls, mechanisms, engineering mathematics and concept generation
- Interest in the commercial exploitation of technology
- The ability to innovate and think freely
- Energy and enthusiasm to take on new challenges in a range of industry sectors
- Able to solve problems using both logic and creative/innovative approaches
- Numerate and highly computer literate, with excellent analytical skills
- Able to plan and prioritise, work to deadlines and under pressure
- A genuine interest in engineering
- You'll be on track for a 2:1 degree in mechanical engineering, automation, mechatronics or related degree
- This role is open to undergraduates in their penultimate year of university. If you intend to return to university after the internship to complete an MSc, you will also be eligible for this position.
Accepted degree subjects
- transport engineering
- mechanical engineering
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
Inclusion & Diversity
We believe that diversity makes us a stronger firm and look to employ people with different ideas, styles and skillsets. This diversity stimulates a rich, creative environment – one in which our people develop, and our clients enjoy enduring results. We’re committed to recruiting, promoting and rewarding our people solely based on their ability to contribute to PA’s goals, without regard to their sex, race, disability, religion, national origin, ethnicity, sexual orientation, age or marital status.
We welcome international applications, but we are unable to offer sponsorship for work permits, so you will need to have the full right to live and work in the UK. Unfortunately, your application will be automatically rejected if you do not have these rights.
Should you need any adjustments to the recruitment process, at either application or interview, please contact us
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 28 February 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 28 February 2021