Our people make the difference to defence and security organisations. Unconstrained by conventional thinking, they deliver results that have a lasting impact. That’s something you will discover for yourself while working for PA’s Professional Services Team. Expect to take responsibility working alongside our clients, using your insight, intellect and interpersonal skills as part of a team solving some of the most complex and exciting challenges.
Professional Services Team at PA Consulting
The Professional Services Team focuses on a wide variety of different areas, ranging from defence and security through to transport and the public sector. Typically, the roles we provide will be for months or years with a client. Our team tends to work close to home, not subject to the normal mobility requirements of consulting. We deliver excellence in areas such as: project management; project controls - planning, risk and cost engineering; business case development and approvals management; and requirements engineering. We have people who are deep experts and those learning to become the experts of the future. Most importantly, we support each other and work with our clients to enable them to succeed.
Your role in the Professional Services Team
From the initial support to get you started, and the training and development to help you to progress on your career path, your journey with PA could take you anywhere. You will work with colleagues who have done amazing things, and who will encourage and help you. You will be an organised person, who thrives on taking real responsibility, most often as part of small team of specialists. You will need to be numerate, and some of our team need to be good with attention to detail. You will need the interpersonal skills to help you to work with people from a range of disciplines as well as colleagues and clients at every level. And you will need to quickly engender confidence and earn trust.
- Private medical insurance
- Travel allowance
- 25 days annual leave with the opportunity to buy five additional days
- Company pension scheme
- Annual performance-based bonus
- Life and Income protection insurance
- Tax efficient benefits (cycle to work, give as you earn)
- Additional optional benefits (Dental, critical illness, spouse/partner life assurance)
What we are looking for
- Willing to learn and an ability to apply that learning;
- A keen interest in working with clients;
- An effective communicator and team player, able to lead when the need arises;
- Creative problem-solving skills and the confidence to challenge others;
- Eligibility and willingness to gain relevant UK security clearances.
Degree educated in a relevant subject that demonstrates numeracy and an attention to detail;
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
- Contract, dates and working times
How to apply
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 August 2021
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment