The Betfair Exchange has been a pioneer from its very first days in 2000. It created a whole new industry – online peer-to-peer betting. The Exchange is now the most advanced betting platform in the world, but we want to make the best better. We need smart people to help us tackle major technical challenges by utilising the latest technologies and approaches to disrupt the market and continue the revolution in online gaming.
Our developers are responsible for the software that handles more than 70,000 requests per second and manages hundreds of millions of pounds of our customer’s money – and it is increasing day-by-day. The amazing figures don’t stop there, there are more daily transactions running through the exchange than there are running through the entire European Stock-Exchanges combined! If you want a proper technical challenge and excellent career development prospects look no further.
Why our Graduate Programmes are unique
At Paddy Power Betfair, we understand that to stay ahead of the game, you’ve got to have top talent. That’s why we’ve designed our graduate programmes to accommodate different ambitions and learning styles.
We are seeking java and technology enthusiasts for a fast-track development programme at Betfair. The successful applicants will join our Exchange Platform Development team as part of this two-year graduate programme. During this time you will be able to take advantage of technical mentors, and will be able to rotate within the different teams that make up the Exchange department. You will work alongside Java Developers, QA Engineers, Delivery Managers, and Product Owners. You may also have the opportunity to work in our technology centres in Portugal and Romania.
You will be expected to pick up development skills such as test driven development, object oriented design and agile delivery methods. Upon successful completion of the programme you will be furnished with the skills and knowledge to be a future leader of sports technology.
Paddy Power Betfair is one of the world’s leading sports betting and gaming operators, formed from the 2016 Merger of Paddy Power plc and Betfair Group plc.
Today we operate four sports betting and gaming brands; Paddy Power, Betfair, Sportsbet and TVG, which bring ‘excitement to life’ for over five million customers worldwide!
We are online-led, mobile-led and sports-led: and our proprietary technology, unique products and innovative marketing all combine to offer a superb experience to our customers.
Our spirit, talent and ambition has taken us into the FTSE 100 index of the London Stock Exchange and we now employ over 7,000 people in sixteen locations across the globe; from Los Angeles to Dublin, and London to Melbourne.
- Excellent technical and problem solving skills
- Desire to learn new skills, gain knowledge and innovate and the ability to do so at pace
- Ability to back decisions with sound rationale
- A strong sense of good practice with respect to infrastructure and development techniques
- A capacity to review and be reviewed constructively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivating, adaptable and flexible in approach
- Excellent team working skills and collaborative skills.
- You might have a degree in; Computer Science, Mathematics, Science or numerical degree.
Qualifications and experience requirements
- To have achieved or be on course for a minimum of a 2:1 in your degree
- A minimum of 450 points on your leaving certificate (or equivalent)
- A minimum of 260 UCAS tariff points (or equivalent)
- The ambition to succeed in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
- The motivation for career progression
- The flexibility to work well in teams and on your own
- Excellent communication skills
Accepted degree subjects
accounting and finance · computer sciences and IT · electronic and electrical engineering
Annual Bonus, Sharesave Scheme, Healthcare, Pension, Interest Free Travel Card
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Number of vacancies: Two
Closing date: 30/11/2017
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/11/2017