Pearlfinders is growing and we are currently looking for commercially minded individuals to join our Research team. If you have experience in or looking to work in a sales or marketing led role and you have a passion for brands along with the wider marketing landscape, then this role is for you.
We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial and is willing to take the lead when pursuing objectives.You will have a natural curiosity, to dig deeper, connect the dots and to question everything. This role would suit those who want to blend their fascination of marketing with their day to day job.
A Research Executive at Pearlfinders will have a tenacious attitude and will start your day by monitoring the business press, social media and trade titles to ensure that you are keeping on top of key trends, news and events. This will arm you with further knowledge and information that will help you to conduct in-depth telephone interviews with senior marketing and sponsorship decision- makers. You will uncover business challenges, learn business objectives and find out key predictions for the brand moving forward. Only you will be able to uncover this information, making you integral to the research team.
As the company continues its growth, opportunities for development are unlimited, and Pearlfinders has grown to where it is today by being a meritocracy.
You’ll be joining the Marketing and Sponsorship Research team and will be provided with training from the start; you will work closely with the Deputy MD, senior team and other Research Executives to ensure that the most relevant information is being obtained at all times.
The Research Executive is responsible for:
- Work with the director to identify key trends within the market and the brands the business should be speaking to
- Conducting telephone interviews with senior level marketing and sponsorship decision-makers. Your role is to uncover their business challenges and key investments in the upcoming year
- Report findings will be written into a report along with your secondary research, this will be provided to our clients each day and will be used in their business development outreach - helping them to connect with new prospects.
- Working alongside the editorial team to ensure the correct split of brands and agency disciplines are covered
- Monitoring key channels such as trade and business press titles to ensure clients are kept up-to-date with breaking business developments
- Working with the Pearlfinders account management team to ensure the content you’re producing is in line with our clients’ expectations
- Checking and uploading contact and company information to the Pearlfinders portal
- Proof-reading and checking work
- A dynamic, vibrant and fun working environment
- Weekly Friday afternoon team drinks
- Regular social and sporting events
- Subsidised gym membership at Fitness First
- Performance vouchers and incentives
Pearlfinders, founded in 2004, supplies an important gap in the market for companies selling high value business services. We provide credible and well-researched reasons for their sales team to connect with senior budget-holders. Our client list is unique, and includes well-known marketing agencies such as PHD, JWT and Leo Burnett, as well as global rights holders like Real Madrid, IMG and Ironman.
We offer high-value research to these clients, interviewing senior marketing and sponsorship decision-makers to provide forward-looking insights and prospecting advice.
We are a community of analysts, researchers and data experts, but more importantly we are community of business development professionals who interview over 35,000 business decision-makers each year across all industries globally.
To do this, we contact organisations going through change for a variety of reasons, and then speak directly with their senior decision-makers to establish the correct grounds for potential suppliers to make a pitch for their business. We then add advice on timing and approach, accurate contact data, D&B financial data, sector and trend briefings, salesforce integration, social plugins and a range of other tools to enable a full-service sales platform.
Rainmaker & Pearlfinders are looking for candidates who are eligible to work and live in the UK. For more background information on the company and what it's like to work at Pearlfinders please click on this link
Our ideal candidate
- Commercially aware
- Excellent written communication
- Availability to start by the end of February
Qualifications and experience requirements
- University degree, 2:1 or above
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 22/02/2018