Pearson are recruiting graduates for summer 2018 examinations, for the following subjects:
- English language and literature
- Computer science
- Design and technology
- Leisure and tourism
- Physical education
Your role as a Specialist Graduate Marker will demand the very best that you can give. You will be responsible for marking candidates' work in accordance with a rigidly defined mark scheme. This will be a short term temporary contract and the marking will be home based.
You will be trained and supported throughout the marking process by our experienced team of senior examiners.
You can expect approximately 40-45 hours of work during the main examination series (May - July). Markers who complete their initial contract early and to a high standard will have the opportunity to increase their earnings.
We are the UK's largest awarding body and offer qualifications that are globally recognised and benchmarked, with educational excellence rooted in names like Edexcel, BTEC, EDI and LCCI.
- Excellent communications skills in English (Note: If your first language is not English, you must have a Level 4 or above London Test of English qualification. Equivalent qualifications such as IELTS, TOEFL, CPE at a similar level are acceptable)
- Computer literate and have access to a personal PC with a broadband connection enabling you to work from home
- Possess good time management skills
Qualifications and experience requirements
- a degree in one of the subjects listed above and you should have graduated within the past five years or are a final year student, expected to complete your degree Summer 2018
Accepted degree subjects
physics · economics · tourism, hospitality and event management · mathematics · business and management studies · geology and geographical science · chemistry · sports science · literature and creative writing · linguistics · art and design · biology and life sciences · history · computer sciences and IT · psychology · languages
Contract and working hours
How to apply
Important note. If you have been contracted as a Specialist Graduate Marker in the last two years, there is no need to reapply again
Important note. this role is specifically for recent graduates without teaching experience. If you have more than a year's full-time teaching experience and are a qualified teacher, please have a look at our vacancies page for more suitable roles.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to an assessment morning, running throughout March and April, at our head office in High Holborn (please note we do not pay travel expenses for the assessment morning). If successful you will be invited to a further day's training.
Please can you ensure that you bring the following documentation with you to the assessment day:
- A current valid passport
- Certificate of degree (if graduated within the past five years) or letter from your faculty at University to confirm that you will be graduating in June 2018.
If you have any queries about either of these roles please email them to email@example.com
Closing date: 23/03/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 06/03/2018