You will be the interface between our clients and translators, responsible for placing work with the relevant translators and ensuring that translated files are received and checked in time to meet clients’ deadlines. You will receive comprehensive training and support, so that you can deal effectively with translation projects. This job can become challenging when you have several projects on deadline at the same time; therefore good organisation and clear thinking will be essential attributes.
We’re looking for a bright, well-organised individual to run multilingual translation projects. The job involves acting as the intermediary between our clients, translators and DTP teams. One of the important aspects of this job will be your ability to work well under pressure, while maintaining excellent relationships with your clients.
Planet Languages Ltd was established in 1994. We offer our clients excellent quality translations, delivered on time, at competitive rates. We take great care in getting the job done, and getting it done really well. The relationships that we maintain with our clients and suppliers are critical to our continued success and our good reputation depends on having the highest calibre staff working with us. Our office in the centre of Farnham in Surrey has an informal but dedicated and professional atmosphere.
- Good degree (upper second class or above)
- Fluency in English and two other languages
- Paying attention to detail
- Being well-organised
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to learn new skills, technologies and workflows quickly
- Ability to multitask calmly and efficiently while under pressure
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and written
- Positive, helpful and flexible attitude
- Taking a logical, analytical approach; identifying problems before they occur
- Fluency or degree in German
- Familiarity with CAT tools (SDL Trados Studio or MemoQ)
- Proven work experience in a commercial role involving client contact
Accepted degree subjects
(depending on qualifications and experience)
Farnham · Surrey
Contract and working hours
Permanent · Full-time
How to apply
Email us your CV and a covering letter via the Apply button, explaining why you feel you are suitable for this position.
Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
If you are currently employed, please include details of your current salary and notice period.
Closing date: 29/01/2018
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 24/01/2018