To assist in all aspects of the town planning consultancy; under the guidance of appropriate mentorship provide basic guidance and advice following detailed instructions from senior colleagues.
Main duties and responsibilities
The provision of high quality planning advice and support to private and public sector clients and support the development of Planning House.
To undertake work in relation to all aspects of planning consultancy including:
- Prepare planning appraisals of land, buildings and concepts.
- Undertake research and analysis.
- Prepare planning applications, including planning statements.
- Contribute to the preparation/editing of Design & Access statements, sustainability statements, and other planning supporting documents.
- Liaise and negotiate with planning officers, employees of consultee organisations, third parties.
- Liaise and cultivate good relationships with clients and fellow professionals.
- Assist in drawing up, presenting and negotiating competitive proposals.
- Assist in developing creative and original solutions to satisfy all parties.
- Write reports, interpreting data and making clear and relevant recommendations.
- Ensure compliance with planning regulations.
- Maintain an awareness of market conditions and the impact of government policies.
- Keep informed about documents relating to planning policy and practice.
In addition to the tasks described above, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to time.
What we are looking for
- Outline knowledge of planning issues
- Effective organisational skills and consciences
- Demonstrable communication skills, verbal and written
- Effective basic IT skills
- Able to travel independently
- Able to demonstrate sensitivity and tact in dealing with clients
- Recent experience in a planning role
- Recent experience in a planning related discipline
Working towards a qualification in town planning, geography or any other place shaping subject
Degree in relevant subject area
Accepted degree subjects
How to apply
Please send CV along with covering letter via the Apply button.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 07/08/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
Additional job details
|Location||Newcastle upon Tyne|
|Additional location information||One Trinity Gardens, Newcastle – however this could move towards East Durham|
(Depending on qualifications and experience); (37 hours a week)