Are you ready for a life changing career? Would you like to reside and work in the beautiful country of Scotland?
We are looking for people like you to join one of the biggest and best team - Police Scotland.
If you are an honest, hardworking individual who is enthusiastic, motivated and looking for true job satisfaction then you can find it working with us.
With a generous package which includes 28 days holiday and able to gain access to a wide range of health, well-being and leisure benefits, the role of a Police Scotland Officer really is a unique career path that demands the best.
What it takes
Successful applicants come from every walk of life. However each individual must be able to clearly demonstrate that they possess the wide range of personal qualities and attributes essential to become an officer with Police Scotland, such as:
- Ability to demonstrate a realistic appreciation of the role and duties
- Ability to demonstrate adequate knowledge of key areas such as the training programme, fitness and conduct standards
- Highest levels of personal integrity honesty and conduct.
- Effective communication skills
- Strong community and customer focus
- Emotional resilience
- Problem solving skills
- Respect and understanding of equality and diversity
- Effective team working skills
- Proven level of physical fitness
- Strong desire for continual personal development
- Ability to study, learn and pass ongoing academic assessment, particularly throughout the two year probationary period.
What you get
- Salary on appointment - £26,037
- After 12 months - £28,392
- After 24 months - £30,747
- Rising by annual increments after 10 years to - £40,878
- Police pension
- Access to Police staff diversity association
- Access to Scottish Police Federation
- Leave entitlement of 28 days.
- Membership of Scottish Police Recreation Association – SPRA is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to promoting healthy balanced lifestyles for our members through a wide range of sport and recreational benefits.
What we are looking for
- Must be over 18 to join but can apply from 17 and a half
- Meet the fitness standard
- As long as applicants meet the person requirements Police Scotland would encourage you to apply
- Although no formal qualifications are necessary we will accept applications from anyone who has studied at any level
- We also welcome applications from anyone who is considering a change of career before, during and after study
- Police Scotland is committed to diversifying its workforce and the Positive Action Team encourages engagement with ethnic minority applicants
Please find all eligibility criteria on our website
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
Pension, access to Diversity Staff Associations and Scottish Police Federation, leave entitlement of 28 days.
- Contract, dates and working times
- Fixed term
How to apply
You will be asked to download and complete an application form and send via email to relevant police force. Click on apply for more instructions.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 January 2020