We're really #Proud of our Commercial Graduate Scheme, and if you're looking for an opportunity that will stretch and challenge you then look no further than Princes Group.
We are a fully owned subsidiary of Mitsubishi Corporation and one of Europe’s leading food and drink suppliers. We have a highly successful graduate scheme that has seen many of our graduate’s progress into senior management positions within our business since its establishment in 2009 and we are looking to develop the Princes leaders of the future even further.
Our Commercial Graduate scheme offers successful candidates three rotations throughout the commercial functions of our business based in the Royal Liver Building, in the vibrant city of Liverpool.
Over a 24 month period, you will rotate through roles in buying, marketing and sales to allow you to gain a holistic understanding of the way we work in our commercial departments and develop your skills further.
Your responsibilities could include:
- Exposure to senior team meetings and expectation to actively participate
- Project work relating to the area of business in that specific rotation with KPIs and objectives to meet
- Account management and completion of tender processes with customers and/or suppliers
- Work with the Brand team to develop and execute brand and strategic plans
- Support with marketing data analysis and promotion tracking
- Develop strong cross functional working relationships including; operations and planning, NPD, etc.
- Approving promotion pricing requests following review of P&L’s
We are constantly growing and adapting to provide the best quality products and service to our customers and we are looking for individuals with a genuine interest in a career in FMCG who are ambitious and driven to join our Commercial Graduate team.
If you are successful, Princes can offer you:
- £27,000 starting salary as well £1,000 incremental increase at the end of each rotation, based on your performance.
- £1,000 welcome bonus upon starting
- 25 days of annual leave, with the option to buy five additional days
- Specific and tailored learning, development and support over your 24 months and three rotations across the business in buying, marketing and sales departments
- A ‘Graduate Scheme alumni’ mentor to support you throughout your journey
- Competitive pension
What we are looking for
- Full driving license
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- Commercially focussed individual
- Have experience of an industrial placement year or work experience in a buying, sales or marketing position would be advantageous but not essential
- A genuine desire to progress a career within a fast paced and progressive FMCG business
You will either have or be on track for a 1st class or 2:1 honours degree in a business related topic
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Number of vacancies
as well £1,000 incremental increase at the end of each rotation, based on your performance.
How to apply
To apply to our Graduate Scheme please email a copy of your CV with a covering letter explaining in no more than 500 words 'why Princes and why you', via the Apply button.
Candidates will be shortlisted based on the following:
- You’ll be on track for or have a first class or 2:1 honours degree
- Ideally you will have also completed an industrial placement or have relevant experience but this is not essential
Once your application has been shortlisted the recruitment process will include:
- Telephone interview
- An exciting day at our assessment centre which will include: meeting your fellow candidates and current members of our Commercial Graduate Scheme; a group based exercise; a presentation based on a brief given to you in advance of the day; interview with a senior leader and a member of the HR Team
All exercises at assessment centre stage are designed around ‘real world’ business experiences within Princes Ltd in order to give you further insight into what it is like to work as part of our team.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 7 January 2020
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 7 January 2020