There is currently an opportunity within the company for a graduate mechanical design engineer.
- Creating design models and production drawings (using Solidworks – (3D design package) for both concept designs and existing products.
- Assistance in preparing operational manuals, engineering studies and datasheets
- Assembly of products – assisting the project at the build stage
- Testing of products (i.e. pressure testing, function testing) to confirm client specification.
- Assistance with project documentation
What we are looking for
This role requires a self-motivated graduate with excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and a knowledge / interest in mechanical engineering and oil and gas operations.
They will be proficient in 2D/3D design packages and be confident using hand calculations / design packages to carry to support designs. Attention to detail, accuracy and strong communication skills are key, along with an ability to manage multiple design projects to stringent timescales/deadlines.
The candidate will have a degree in mechanical / design engineering and should be able to demonstrate a strong design/ technical capability and a sound knowledge of engineering principles.
Accepted degree subjects
- mechanical engineering
How to apply
Email your CV and covering letter via the apply button, giving a detailed account of your experience, skills and knowledge in relation to the requirements posed in the questions.
See further advice on developing your CV and covering letter:
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 10/07/2018
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 10/07/2018
Additional job details
£18,000 – £21,000
Dependent on experience