To deliver value to our clients, working as part of the client delivery team supporting procurement delivery projects to ensure quality output delivered.
- Opportunity to work closely on projects with senior colleagues from a range of backgrounds and experience
- Managing a variety of stakeholders on a day to day basis and building rapport
- Project management including requesting and managing work requests to other departments
- Contributing and leading a range of projects in different categories including professional services, marketing, IT and HR
- Using your own initiative and innovative problem solving skills to analyse and manipulate client and supplier data
- Opportunity to work in a challenging but supportive environment in a team of around 15 people
Where will I be based?
You will need to be fully prepared to travel as client projects could take you anywhere in the country – or even the world. For the first 24 months you will be at our Cwmbran office in South Wales before joining the mobile consulting team.
What training and development will I receive?
Your career choice is important, it’s a journey of discovery, an adventure and we want you to enjoy it. All the training, experience and client exposure is focused on giving you the tools to become a trusted procurement consultant; someone with deep industry experience and commercial awareness who is able to become a future leader at Proxima.
What you know is what we can sell to our clients. So we will invest in your development from your first day. And realising you need to be up-to-speed as soon as possible, we’ll make sure you have all the training and support you need. A 24 month fast track programme and a supportive community you can look forward to mentoring from our industry leaders. The training you’ll receive will be wide spread and practical. It will combine sessions that focus on critical soft skills as well as the core capabilities you will need to develop into a trusted and successful consultant.
Our training will help you get the all-round skills for success but it will be your experience that will really make the difference, which is why the variety of live project work we will give you will be so important.
What can I expect from Proxima’s Graduate programme?
- 24 months Fast Track Programme into consulting
- Small cohort giving you the visibility to shine
- Meet a board member in your first four weeks
- 121 support delivered through Career Manager, Buddy and Mentor
- Develop specialist procurement skills
- Access to our thought leaders and knowledge experts
- Work on client projects within six months and lead within 12 months
- Funded CIPS study
- Training in areas including; presentation, contract law, negotiation skills, sourcing and Excel skills
- Regular Social activities with peer group and broader business
- After 24 months, become a mobile consultant
- Opportunities to work abroad
Proxima is one of the world’s leading procurement consulting companies. We work with some of the world's largest and most successful companies across a range of sectors including FMCG, retail, financial services and music and entertainment. We work, think and act as a team welcoming and supporting each other’s professional growth. We are passionate about our work and we always have something to say about procurement.
Qualifications and experience requirements
We consider applicants from all academic disciplines. We are flexible, you’ll either be qualified to A level standard with a minimum of 340 UCAS points and decided to gain experience in the real world of work or you’ll have or be expecting a minimum 2:1 in your degree.
Accepted degree subjects
Up to £25k
depending on experience
Contract and working hours
How to apply
- CV and covering letter
Interview assessment dates:
- Successful candidates will be invited to Interview week commencing the 19 March 2018
Closing date: Continuous recruitment
This job listing will no longer be available on Prospects from 30/04/2018