Have you ever wanted a career in technology? Considered training other people? QA are looking for digitally curious individuals to join our Trainer team. QA will help you realise your potential and invest in you as part of a structured programme of learning and mentorship.
You will become a Cloud Trainer following an extensive six to eight weeks programme in our Manchester based Training Academy.
You may have a background in networking, automation, or Linux administration and an interest in becoming a hands-on Cloud practitioner and skills coach. In return, QA will outfit you with a set of technical, research and teaching skills in your new career.
You will learn:
- How to create and manage DevOps release pipelines
- Certified Agile and Lean skills
- Cloud engineering skills including certification
- Test Automation skills including certification
Our benefits and values:
Learning is not just a service we provide, it’s a way of life at QA, so everyone is eligible for three training days every year, to focus on subjects they’re interested in.
We offer two paid charity days each year to support your chosen charity in whatever way you choose andif you get involved in charity fundraising, QA will also double any sponsorship money raised, up to £250.
Recharge your batteries and enjoy some downtime, so we provide a fairly generous 25 days’ holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after 3 years) – with the option to buy more if you wish.
It’s important, too, to plan for the future and our later years, so we offer a defined contribution pension plan and will match your contributions up to a maximum of 3% of your basic salary.
Giving peace of mind we provide by Life Assurance (4x your basic salary) and Permanent Health Insurance (after a qualifying period) in the event that ill health, or worse, disrupts our plans.
And finally, a few fringe benefits to assist with travel and lifestyle choices: Season ticket loan, Cycle to work scheme
In return, we offer an excellent remuneration package with company benefits and development opportunities to enable you to reach your full potential.
What we are looking for
You will have:
- Good communication and interpersonal skills - be able to form a rapport quickly with people and make them feel comfortable; ability to break down complex scenarios into simpler chunks and explain them
- Be geographically flexible – the role is London based with UK wide travelling
- Enthusiasm for life-long learning - both for themselves and in others
- Adaptive - be able to think on your feet when things go wrong or when removed from your comfort zone
- Reflective - Be empirical in your practice and analyze how to improve your delivery/materials
- Be numerate and literate to a high level
- An appreciation of what Cloud and Devops is and why industry is adopting them
- Some experience of Linux configuration, administration and scripting
- Some programming experience, preferably Python or Ruby
- Exposure to the cloud
- Awareness of software testing
- Understanding of Agile and Lean
Nice to Have:
- Experience with continuous integration and release technologies
- Use of version control using Git
- Experience of test and quality automation
- Process improvement and change.
A Bachelor’s Degree (ideally in a STEM related subject)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
How to apply
Using the apply link, please submit your details and we will be back in touch shortly. Should you have any queries please call Natalie Erukhimovich from the Recruitment team on 01753 898651.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Selection Process: following an initial telephone screening you will complete an aptitude test (online) and attend an assessment day.
If you were successful, you will join our Manchester based Training Academy for a 12 weeks subject based course. Following the successful completion of the course, you will get additional training skills coaching and training that will take up to four weeks and could be based anywhere in the UK.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 31 August 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: 31 August 2019