Are you currently a content writer looking for a fantastic new challenge working within our learning design team? Your role will give you the opportunity to work with a full range of learning solutions such as eLearning courses, classroom-training material and blended solutions where you will be responsible for writing proofreading and editing content. Come and join our vibrant, fast paced, growing team where we will help develop and progress your career and skills further.
About our role
As Instructional Writer / Content Writer you will be responsible for writing , proofreading and editing content such as audio scripts for videos, storyboards and instructional material for eLearning courses, classroom material such as PowerPoint slide decks, trainer and learner guides, magazines, workbooks, proposals and so on.
You will work with our learning designers, content development teams and other content writers and editors. You will also liaise with subject matter experts and research for content if required.
Your focus day to day:
- Work closely with learning designers in the team
- Apply instructional writing approaches to organise, paraphrase and rewrite raw or source content
- Write content that is crisp, clear, concise, consistent and engaging
- Write or edit content to suit the tone and style or the brand
- Write or review and edit content in various formats – narration for videos, instructional text, technical material, storyboards, training material, reference material and so on
- Proofread and edit content focusing on spelling and grammatical issues
Your learning and development with QA, how can we support you?
Naturally you will have a comprehensive Induction Programme organised and you will be introduced to various internal teams and stakeholders. Being a training and education provider, your continuous Learning and Development is of huge importance to us and as an individual contributor, we can agree a suitable Pathway to achieve your goals and aspirations.
More about the team you will be working with
Working within a team of around 12, we are lively, outgoing and extremely supportive. We are passionate about what we do and aim to provide our clients with exceptional results
Our benefits and values
Learning is not just a service we provide, it’s a way of life at QA, so everyone is eligible for three training days every year, to focus on subjects they’re interested in.
We offer two paid charity days each year to support your chosen charity in whatever way you choose and if you get involved in charity fundraising, QA will also double any sponsorship money raised, up to £250.
We know it’s important to recharge your batteries and enjoy some down time, so we provide a generous 25 days’ holiday per annum (rising to 28 days after five years) – with the option to buy more if you wish.
It’s important, too, to plan for the future and our later years, so we offer a defined contribution pension plan and will match your contributions up to a maximum of 4% of your basic salary.
Giving peace of mind we provide by Life Assurance (4x your basic salary) and Permanent Health Insurance (after a qualifying period) in the event that ill health, or worse, disrupts our plans.
And finally, a few fringe benefits to assist with travel and lifestyle choices: Season ticket loan, Cycle to work scheme
What we are looking for
- Relevant instructional/technical/content writing or English language qualification at degree level
- Excellent English language skills - written and communication skills (for a range of purposes and audiences)
- Experience of writing and editing content in various formats, for different media and different situations
- Experience working in a commercial materials development environment, preferably related to online and blended learning
(Recent English graduates welcome to apply)
Accepted degree subjects
Additional job details
- Competitive salary
How to apply
Using the apply link, please submit your details and we will be back in touch shortly. Should you have any queries and wish to speak with us please call Michaela on 01753 898671. We look forward to hearing from you.
Click Apply to start your application now. This job will be available on Prospects until 23 August 2019
Don't forget to mention Prospects to employers when you contact them.
Closing date: Continuous recruitment